• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

looking for a good rub

Oakridge BBQ has IMHO some mighty fine rubs. They also offer sampler packs for a penny!

~ ONE PENNY SAMPLE 5-PACK ~

1 Penny Ultimate Combo Sample Pack - Includes All 5 Rub Varieties! That's over 7 Ounces of Rub for one penny! (plus $3.74 for shipping) - $3.75

Just placed an order.
$3.75 for 5 samples, how could I not :becky:

I personally like to use Bad Byron's Butt Rub. Has a spicy sweet flavor to it and everyone in my family simply loves it.

If I may interject here, I just made some lower quality "petite sirloin" kind of like a chuck eye sliced in 1/2" thick cuts on my smoky joe with cowboy brand lump and 1 hand full of apple wood chips, indirect cook "reverse sear" style.

The rub is a 2 part to 1 part McCormick grill mates steak rub and sweet n smoky

2 tablespoons steak
1 tablespoon sweet n smoky

WOW WOW WOW what awesome flavor!

(If I knew how to take pics, and do anything with them but look at them on paper, I would post pics but I am tech ignint....:doh: )

I too have been looking for a good rub recipe. I don't buy the small jars so buying rub in bulk is a tough task.

I buy 10 lb or 5 lb packages and put into 32 oz Shaker Top Containers, but you have to be carefull as some rubs are almost all salt.

It's hard to find someone who prepares a rub that cares about the end product as much as you do. Most retailers are looking for the money, but not all.

american spice has an acceptable rub, but they are overpriced.

I am open for any suggestions for bulk purchases or for a recipe to try if captndan wishes to share his.

Contact me at bigron@bigronswebsite.com if you buy in bulk I can assist and have 20mg per 1 tsp serving for sodium content. Thanks Big Ron

Thanks Big Sexy. Your order just shipped out. :thumb: :becky:

I put in an order for 3 sets. I plan to pass them out to family and see how they like them as well. I am the poorest in the fam, the rest are big time in their fields and I would like to drive some business in to the brethren if possible!

Simply Marvelous has become my go to stuff, Steph makes some of the best rubs I've ever used. His flavor are not centered around the standard Bar B Que type flavors, but more like sweet, spicy, deep flavors you really wouldn't expect. I use all of his rubs on everything. We really like his Cherry on Popcorn! Get some you'll like it!

I too have been looking for a good rub recipe. I don't buy the small jars so buying rub in bulk is a tough task.

I buy 10 lb or 5 lb packages and put into 32 oz Shaker Top Containers, but you have to be carefull as some rubs are almost all salt.

It's hard to find someone who prepares a rub that cares about the end product as much as you do. Most retailers are looking for the money, but not all.

american spice has an acceptable rub, but they are overpriced.

I am open for any suggestions for bulk purchases or for a recipe to try if captndan wishes to share his.

Bob, I've tried to reply to your PM, but your inbox/sentbox must be full. Please shoot me an email (mike@oakridgebbq.com) at your leisure.

Thanks.

A licensed massage therapist will be at my house in an hour. that is the best rub I have found out there. Home made is always a good option when you want to play with ingredients.

This was my go to rub for a couple of months until I got board of it..

1/2 cup paprika
1/4 cup chili powder (i like hot chili powder)
3 tbsp. salt
2 tbsp. ground coriander
2 tbsp. garlic powder
3 tbsp. sugar
3 tbsp. brown sgr
2 tbsp. curry powder
2 tbsp. hot dry mustard
1 tbsp. black pepper
1 tbsp. dried basil
1 tbsp. dried thyme
1 tbsp. ground cumin
1 tbsp. cayenne pepper
1 tbsp. black pepper

Hope you try it. Enjoy.

That looks like a recipe worth trying, but dog, with that much paprika, do you have a special type/brand you prefer?

Kosher salt, fresh ground 4 color peppercorns, granulated garlic.

Then add whatever you feel like after that, it'll always be a great base. I go very easy on the salt BTW, just a tad.

Lawery seasoning been using it for years it also cheap. Use salt/pepper on beef. McCormick pork rub on ribs. Most rub have the same thing in them , some just have a fancy name

Back