MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
pmad
is One Chatty Farker

Default We need a left handed Therapen.

Any other lefties get frustrated with their therapen?
Why can't they make one for lefties.
pmad is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 08-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
Garrett
Babbling Farker

Southpaws are always at a disadvantage.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

I am right handed and would like a left handed T-pen. I use it in my left hand while stirring with my right. I can read it upside down but it would be nice.

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #4
MeatCandy
Full Fledged Farker

I don't have a Thermapen yet...But I do have several Super-fast RT600c that I would love to have in a left hand model so I dont have to read them upside down...I've considered some of the handheld models for that reason...But the RT600c works well and is cheap...
MeatCandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #5
coastal
Full Fledged Farker

I am lefty. Never noticed a problem. I largely feel bad for righties..do you know they switch their knife and fork hand to cut..then go back to eat.. what a waste of time that must be

Old 08-19-2013, 10:58 PM   #6
AZScott
Take a breath!

A left handed thermapen would be great. I would rather have my tongs in my right hand and the Thermapen in the left. Right now I have it in my left all twisted and contorted while moving things around the grate.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:04 PM   #7
martyleach
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I need a left handed one badly! I do many things right handed but the thermapen wants to be in my left hand (I am left handed) when I turn stuff, etc. Really bugs me!

Custom wooden handles for BBQ's made by Marty Leach (oh, that's me)
[url]http://www.amlwoodart.com[/url]
martyleach is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2013, 11:30 PM   #8
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

As a southpaw I am a discriminated against handi-capped minority I believe I will be calling J. Noble Dagget Esq. in the am and seek damages. All you right handed smokers put down the left handed Lucky's and send them to me. :))

Old 08-20-2013, 12:58 AM   #9
bvbull200
Take a breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastal View Post
I am lefty. Never noticed a problem. I largely feel bad for righties..do you know they switch their knife and fork hand to cut..then go back to eat.. what a waste of time that must be
That is an American thing. I'm a dual citizen and carry a Danish passport in addition to my American one. My dining habits come from my Danish side and we don't switch the utensils when we eat, either.

Most Europeans are like that.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:14 AM   #10
westy
is one Smokin' Farker

Definitely would love a left handed version.

Kingsford COS
Masterbuilt CES
WeberQ 220
Santa Maria 30x20
WGA
PBC
westy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2013, 02:50 AM   #11
BBQ Bandit
Babbling Farker

If you think that's bad... left and right handed nails do exist.
(Three stooges mod)

Former smokers;
Lang 84 Deluxe kitchen, Lang 60 Mobile - The Damsel II, Lang 48 Patio - The Damsel, Bubba Keg Grill - RIP, Double Barrel Smoker and a BSKD
BBQ Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-20-2013, 05:25 AM   #12
NeilH
is one Smokin' Farker

Wonder would a left be fast, faster, fastest? Lol
NeilH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2013, 06:39 AM   #13
NickTheGreat
is Blowin Smoke!

I'm pretty ambidextrous but I'd have ordered a lefty version knowing what I know now. Seems like I usually have it in my left hand and I'm always looking at the back of it, roll it over, and then kinda tilt my head to read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvbull200 View Post
That is an American thing. I'm a dual citizen and carry a Danish passport in addition to my American one. My dining habits come from my Danish side and we don't switch the utensils when we eat, either.

Most Europeans are like that.
I'm not a dual citizen and I do that.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:43 AM   #14
rksylves
Full Fledged Farker

I'm also a southpaw, but have had to adapt to a right-handed world. Because I started using the right-handed Thermopen and have gotten used to it, I would actually find it rather difficult to change over to a left-handed one now.

It's like golf, since I started with a right-hand set, I couldn't use a left-handed set if I tried.

Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Russ

Old 08-20-2013, 07:49 AM   #15
stephan
is one Smokin' Farker

I could go for a lefty for sure. I cant tell you how many times I go to prop and end up looking at the back of the Thermapen D'OH!!!!!!
stephan is offline   Reply With Quote