Central Market Backyard BBQ - Shoreline WA 6/20 *pics*

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Sixth Annual Central Market Backyard BBQ Cook-Off in Shoreline, WA. This is the first time I've cooked here, its held the day before Fathers Day and is a family/Customer appreciation event. Meats provided for turn in and leftovers sampled by the public were Alaskan Copper River Salmon, Babyback Ribs and Choice Brisket flats. The turn ins were plated with an emphasis on "restaurant style garnish" for Appearance.

Most of the teams I talked to were comprised of members that specialized in the respective meats or garnish so I had a target on my back when I rolled in solo!

11th Place Salmon

IMG_0712.jpg

Health Dept. temps the served meats at minimum 145* and that is too dry for Salmon in my opinion! I was on it with Dizzy Pig Raging River on a Western Red Cedar plank adorned with cedar sprigs, cooked on the Red kettle.

2nd Place Ribs

IMG_0739.jpg

Plowboys Yardbird with a Blues Hog glaze, coleslaw n' beans. Cooked on the Magnum drum

5th Place Brisket

IMG_0761.jpg

Bovine Bold with grilled squash, asparagus, roasted garlic and spud wedges. cooked on the WSM

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

I finished 4th Place overall and when they called my name they announced that in 6 years of the contest I was the only team to cook this event solo!

IMG_0779.jpg

More pics from the cook-off
http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/CentralMkt/?start=all

Was it in the flyer that it was restaurant style presentation? I would have gotten my a$$ handed to me if they sprang that on you last minute. Baltic Boyz the only other PNWBA team there?

Shots Fired- 3rd Place
Midnight Ramblers- 4th Place
Baltic Boyz- 5th Place

This wasn't a PNWBA event

Nice job bro...it looks like it was a lot of fun. Next year you'll be better prepared for a run at GC...:p

Back