MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #16
dport7
is Blowin Smoke!

Man, that is a feast, nice pics, cute kids and I like the fire pit.

Thanks from:--->

Old 11-25-2013, 11:25 PM   #17
Tonybel
Babbling Farker

Wow Bob what a feast....everything looks absolutely delicious.
Can I get more details on the queso con chile.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:31 PM   #18
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybel View Post
It varies. Just the Velveeta bricks and from there it's up to you. We like to add some chopped up Hatch green chile. Or some of that El Pato green salsa. It's really a cheesy gravy that we put on the turkey, etc. It's a tradition with my Wife's family. They don't like my version because it has the works: cilantro, onion, tomato, and jalapeno with a little bit of garlic. They like it simple, with just a can of green salsa/hot sauce.
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-2013, 11:42 PM   #19
Tonybel
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBrisket View Post
It varies. Just the Velveeta bricks and from there it's up to you. We like to add some chopped up Hatch green chile. Or some of that El Pato green salsa. It's really a cheesy gravy that we put on the turkey, etc. It's a tradition with my Wife's family. They don't like my version because it has the works: cilantro, onion, tomato, and jalapeno with a little bit of garlic. They like it simple, with just a can of green salsa/hot sauce.
Thanks for sharing.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:52 PM   #20
BobBrisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybel View Post
My personal preference is a rajas con queso. HEAVY on the rajas, onion, and tomato. From there, work in some muenster or asadero and let it get chunky, melty, and happy. Problem is that it's too hot for everyone. That is the real deal CHILE con queso!

bob
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:56 PM   #21
Tonybel
Babbling Farker

Quote:
My personal preference is a rajas con queso. HEAVY on the rajas, onion, and tomato. From there, work in some muenster or asadero and let it get chunky, melty, and happy. Problem is that it's too hot for everyone. That is the real deal CHILE con queso!

bob
I like that chile con queso.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #22
BBQDaddio
is one Smokin' Farker

Great cook and a beautiful family you have there bobbrisket.

I will be cooking a 18 pound turkey in the Pbc on Thursday and will be hanging it. I think I watched the Pbc turkey YouTube video a hundred times making sure I feel confident enough to hook the bird up.

Again beautiful kids. I have a 6 year old and a 16 month old and they are my happiness.

Old 11-26-2013, 07:38 AM   #23
Jaskew82
is One Chatty Farker

Bob, I absolutely love the idea of pulling the plug on everything and having a mini thanksgiving with just the immediate family. I might have to start that tradition here! Thanks.

2013 Stumps Classic - Delivered 4/15/13
Large BGE - Rescued 2012
2010 WSM 22.5"
2010 Weber genesis gas grill
Rescued 22.5 Weber One-touch gold
Yellow Thermopen
BBQ Guru CyberQ
2011 Built UDS - Retired
Jaskew82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2013, 08:52 AM   #24
Al Czervik
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Scott/Mongo

Fantastic post Bob... Love the feast and all the family shots!
(='.'=) Avatar by Chalupa
(")_(")
Al Czervik is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #25
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Outstanding feast Bob! I agree it's far too hard to get the family together with no distractions. It seems like those first 3 hrs on Christmas morning are all we really get. I love getting together with everyone but nothing beats the QT with the ones you love the most. Well done.

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2013, 09:48 AM   #26
Mo-Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

It all looks great. I really like the idea of phones shut off, this may become your new tradition this year. I think the kids, and wife will be shocked to fine life without a cell phone can be achieved at least for one day. I may have to include laptops to that.
Dave

Old 11-26-2013, 10:04 AM   #27
Fat Woody
is one Smokin' Farker

Sounds like you've got a great "new tradition" started Bob and the grub looks great! Can't beat spending time with the kids, especially when they're young, during the holidays!

Our son is home from a two year stint teaching in S. Korea. Looking forward to cooking with the family, watching some football and staying away from the lunatics in the stores on Black Friday!

Thanks for sharing your family's tradition!
Owner/Operator of: Superior "Stealth" SS2, Brinkmann "Lefty" Bandera clone (retired), Comalco Black Dog grill, and various Weber kettles.
World's fastest [B]Belgian/Cuban Racing Yellow[/B] thermapen.
Fat Woody is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #28
hcj3rd
On the road to being a farker

Bob

I was going to put my bird on the PBC Thanksgiving morning. How long was your bird on the PBC? Great Thread.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #29
BobBrisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcj3rd View Post
Bob

I was going to put my bird on the PBC Thanksgiving morning. How long was your bird on the PBC? Great Thread.
Thanks everyone!

It was probably on for a little over 3 hrs. I don't know what temp the PBC was running at though.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #30
bbqwilly
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Thanks, Bull! When it's all said and done, I do it for them. When we said Grace, I teared up when I heard what my daughter was thankful for. She has no problem speaking her heart! Very eloquent for 6 yrs old and she had us captivated with her words and expression. That's my girl!
Ive got 4 kids ages 7,5,4 and 2. Other that the 2 year old, who is most thankful for thomas the train, I am shocked at what means the most to my children. They put things into perspective.
Great job on the beautiful family and food.
bbqwilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
PBC