Sams and beef short ribs

Haveuseen1?

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well I went to Sams today to see if they had short ribs. They had them all sliced up about 1/4" thick in the display case. I then asked if they had them whole and they did in the back. He brought out a cryopac that had two racks in it. I think each rack had 3 bones possibly 4 but I am pretty sure it was 3. Anyway the pack was 70.00. I believe they were 5.58/lb. I didn't buy them as I just did t want to spend the money. Is that the going rate for shot ribs.

That is about what they run at my butcher if they are not on sale.

Wow that is on the high side, i just bought one rack of short ribs at my local HEB for 4.28/lb. Total for the rack was $14.81.

There had to be more than 2 racks of short ribs for $70.00.

Now you got me curious, I might have to ask if SAMs has them at our local store. Been wanting to smoke then for a while now. I checked at the local butcher and they wanted ten bucks a pound.

I'm no guru, but I just shopped Fri for some and....That cryovac pac WAS 2 sets of 4 ribs about 10" long...I bought some(pics) about a month ago, and saw some Fri that were the same after I bought my Too Far ribs(look my post on Beef Ribs).....I paid $26 for 1 set of 4 ribs, and Fri they were 6.57/lb and the pack was about 10lb(2 sets), so, no go for me...

Attachments

• br3.jpg
    br3.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 84
  • br5.jpg
    br5.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 84
Back