Cool concept... below average bbq

pjtexas1

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
HEB's bbq joint. It's inside the store. Place looks great, cool signs, not good meats. I had high hopes but they were shattered. Brisket was tender but not much flavor. Sausage was closer to jerky... really chewy. Sides were decent.
586d2d75d7aa476e1ac88e63bfe097a3.jpg
29b92dc7a4d8d9e704ed7ebb360f1ce7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Good place for me to ask.
What flavour besides Beef are you expecting from Brisket?
Not having eaten a lot of other peoples Brisket I,m curious.
Grass fed to me has Flavour while Grain finished has Tender
Hope I,m not stealing your thread, ( Just say so and I will move over.)

I'm weird so maybe don't listen...
I expect flavor from spices. I've cooked and eaten so much brisket i have to have a good amount rub even if it's just salt and pepper. Kind of like some of the older places in Texas that pile it on thick.This had no real flavor of any kind.

Probably the same as Whole Foods offering BBQ. I just go there for the Mac and cheese.

Getting the brisket tender is far harder than spicing it right, so maybe they can improve the flavor.

Probably the same as Whole Foods offering BBQ. I just go there for the Mac and cheese.
Funny. We took home an extra mac and cheese. It was so good!

Paul which HEB was this at?
Killeen, Tx. It's the only one I've ever heard of. They made a big deal on the news and papers when it first opened. It's way out of the way for me. Only found it chasing walmart clearance cookers.

Daniel Vaughn was just there. He just got a baked potato. Maybe he was full? Maybe he did not want to be forced having to say what he thinks?

fenek6.png

Daniel Vaughn was just there. He just got a baked potato. Maybe he was full? Maybe he did not want to be forced having to say what he thinks?

fenek6.png
I wish i would have had that instead.

Back