Love this site, finally a registered member

onerackrags

Found some matches.
Reaction score
In late 2013 at the ripe age of 24, I built my first UDS and entered the beautifully addictive world of home BBQ. Since then, this has been my go to site for all things Q. What started as another way to funnel out my passion for cooking developed into cooking for any family/friend gathering that would let me to KCBS backyard competitions and judging to small-scale catering to quitting my big city (Atlanta) business consulting job of five years for the current path my wife and I are on to open a BBQ restaurant in the peaceful western NC mountains. Thanks for letting me lurk for the past 5-6 years; I'm looking forward to becoming a more active member of the brethren community and potentially taking you all along for our restaurant journey a la the infamous marubozo! - Ross

Glad that you finally signed-up!

We, too, were proud residents of Boone and Blowing Rock in the 80s when Dad was a professor at Appalachian State.

I'm sure the place has grown tremendously since I was last there.

Best of luck!

Welocme to the asylum, Ross!

Take a look around and if you have questions please feel free to contact the moderator team or our senior members. Their names are color coded so you can recognized them.

Also, each section of the forum has a description that you can use to figure out where to post.

Finally, please review our rules! They are pretty straight forward, but looking at them up front may help to eliminate problems later :-D

Oh! Don't forget to add your name to the Brethren Map, located at the top of this Cattle Call forum.

Most important, have fun and join in our conversations and share and learn!

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome, Ross. Happy to have you as a member. Good luck with the restaurant venture. Post some updates of your progress.

Welcome from SC. It’s really good to have you on this great site. Keep us up to date on your place in NC, I’m only about an hour from Asheville. Where are you planning for a location.

Thank you all for the warm welcome and well wishes!

ShadowDriver - there is definitely a bit of a supply/demand issue with housing. It took us 2-3 months to find a reasonable rental. But, the mountains are as grand as ever!

Titch - we spent a brief five days in Sydney in 2016 on our way from SE Asia to your neighbor New Zealand. After quitting our consulting jobs, we actually moved to New Zealand on their working holiday visa from September 2017 to June 2018. It's a dream to eventually move back to New Zealand and gain residency, but for now, Boone will suffice. It sure is beautiful in your area of the world.

Joe Black - we are looking in the Boone area. No leads yet for a specific location, but stay tuned

Back