How do i get rid of white smoke?

• Thread starter rub it smoke it bbq
  • Start date
I HAVE BEEN DOING Q FOR ABOUT 5 YRS NOW AND I LEARNED ABOUT THE SMOKE DEAL WHEN I STARTED WELL NOW IN MY COOKER THAT I BUILT IT IS COUGHING WHITE SMOKE IS IT MY WOOD HOW IM BURNING IT IVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM UNTIL THESE LAST COUPLE COOKS? :mad2:
you soaking the wood in water first ? if so then dont....

Off topic, but the smoker in the video - wouldn't you want the smokestack on the opposite end from the firebox? Every smoker I have ever used has the smokestack as far away from the firebox as possible to draw the smoke through the entire smoke chamber.

It is reverse flow......the smoke/heat travels under a plate along the bottom side of the cook chamber and then back above it across the chamber and out.

Sometime white smoke is mistakeing with steam expecially when you fisrt start up

Sometime white smoke is mistakeing with steam expecially when you fisrt start up

...especially in my wsm when using the water pan. I just do what I do, and if worried about the smoke, I'd go by the smell more than by what it looks like.

Quick check... load up a chimney of the wood in question and let it get fully consumed in flame (in the chimney)... if its still pumping thick white smoke outside your smoker... bingo.

really, so whats up with the fuss for TBS. (thin blue smoke)

BTW, you avatar makes me laugh. i was in a store today and a little 7 year old girl was with her mom and they walked past the
discount lingerie section and the little girl stopped and stared at the "santa" nighty set. She said " Mommy, can women be santa clause to"

yeah, it was classic. And Mamma was cute to..... Penalty box here i come!!

It is nice initiative to make Mamma Santa Clause. That little girl just expressed true feelings so it was classic.

Last edited by a moderator:
...especially in my wsm when using the water pan. I just do what I do, and if worried about the smoke, I'd go by the smell more than by what it looks like.

I go by smell sometimes also. Ill hold my hand in the smoke till it builds up on my hand then give it a nice deep breath. You can tell if its bad or not.

I have to ask. Is creosote the problem on the walls of the UDS?

There are no problems with a UDS period. Carry on.

When you guys say bring it up to temp before putting on your meat...what temp is that? 200 F and up?

Back