On no you didn't. :mad:

I'm entering a grilled cheese sammy. :doh:

Oh well, mine is quite different. Mine required a trip to Home Depot. :confused:

I guess we'll have a sammy throwdown within a the cheese throwdown. :boxing:

CD :becky:

On no you didn't. :mad:

I'm entering a grilled cheese sammy. :doh:

Oh well, mine is quite different. Mine required a trip to Home Depot. :confused:

I guess we'll have a sammy throwdown within a the cheese throwdown. :boxing:

I figured there would be more then one grilled samich in this throwdown. :heh:

DSC03996.jpg

That looks like one tasty grilled cheese, pig candy and jalapeno samich! Bravo!!! :becky:

Fark! There goes my grilled cheese sammie idea :tsk: I guess it is back to pizza or nachos.

I figured there would be more then one grilled samich in this throwdown. :heh:

Mine was going to include bacon, too, but I may change that.

Last minute changes in plans just make it more interesting. :doh:

CD

Fark! There goes my grilled cheese sammie idea :tsk: I guess it is back to pizza or nachos.

Naw, just make it a grilled cheese, eggplant and SPAM sammie. That will get you at least one vote. :becky:

CD

I made my side item tonight, so it can sit overnight. It is one of those things that tastes better the next day.

I gotta' shoot a RUF Rt12 tomorrow. The shoot won't take long, but it's a car that does 0-60 in 2.9 seconds and tops out at 217 mph. It's been a couple years since I drove... er, photographed one. It may take me a while to find a suitable location to shoot this car. :heh:

I'll need a good meal, and maybe a cigarette, after that. :becky:

CD

"If you don't think farts are funny then you have lived too long"- my grandfather RIP Pops.
Wishing you guys a ton of inspiration, should be a great throwdown!
Us Aussies will be watching, and others winning!:becky:

"If you don't think farts are funny then you have lived too long"- my grandfather RIP Pops.
Wishing you guys a ton of inspiration, should be a great throwdown!
Us Aussies will be watching, and others winning!:becky:

Why don't you enter? Chicken? :boxing:

You should probably go get another beer, this might get long. When I saw that this week's throwdown was cheese, I couldn't have been happier. I usually give out smoked cheese and summer sausage to co-workers and friends for christmas, and Monday night was cheese smoking night, so I had a plenty to work with.

I had some gouda, sharp cheddar, jalepeno/habenero cheddar, pepper jack, and colby.

DSC03080.jpg

For cheese, I have tried to make something cheaper with the pellets I have, but I can't seem to reproduce the slow burn that these little pellet candles I've found put off, so I use two of those in my old brinkman shell. They burn for about 30 minutes, and I've found that this is plenty of smoke for my liking.

DSC03081.jpg

Here are a couple shots of the finished products.

DSC03084.jpg

DSC03083.jpg

DSC03082.jpg

I had also cured bacon for the first time last week and smoked it Monday night as well. It was too dark to get our camera to focus while in the smoker, but here is a deguerre...er...I mean blurry picture anyway.

DSC03051.jpg

A friend of mine is letting me borrow his vacuum sealer tomorrow night, so I'm waiting to slice it all until then, but here are a couple of knife-sliced pieces to cook up for this throwdown. Once its all sliced, I'll put a whole post up about my first attempt at makin bacon.

DSC03094.jpg

DSC03096.jpg

And here it is all fried up.

DSC03099.jpg

The last smoked ingredient was a whole chicken on the Traeger with a little of my own chicken rub.

DSC03049.jpg

Here it is done and pulled

DSC03087.jpg

DSC03089.jpg

Look, I told you to get another beer, but if you didn't or if you did and still need another, feel free to take a little intermission here and go grab one.

So now that you have seen all of my ingredients, the plan was to make some quesadillas. My wife made up a little pico and cut up some pears, and I smashed up some quacamole and candied some shallots.

DSC03100.jpg

To add another element of cheese, I made some dips. One for me with the jalepeno/habenero cheddar and one for my wife and daughter with the sharp cheddar. I'd never made it this way before, but I will probably not buy any more velveta again. I just warmed some heavy cream, and then threw the smoked cheeses and a little butter in there until they were nice and melted. Lastly I added a little pico to the mix.

DSC03102.jpg

DSC03101.jpg

Ok Ok, I'm getting there!

Here is the first quesadilla, smoked chicken, bacon, and lots of the sharp cheddar and the jalepeno/habenero cheddar.

DSC03103.jpg

And here is the second, smoked chicken, candied shallots, sliced pears, and lots of gouda.

DSC03104.jpg

Lastly here are a few plated pics.

DSC03111.jpg

DSC03112.jpg

DSC03106.jpg

These were really good. Lots of smoke flavor from the cheese, and chicken. Normally I would put a little more chicken and a little less cheese, but I really wanted to showcase the smoked cheeses which were great. As good as the quesadillas were, the queso dips were really the surprising hit of the meal. Thanks for looking.

Oh fark, I'm in trouble. I'm not even sure I want to submit an entry, now. That quesadilla looks awesome.

Fark, fark, fark. I'm going to get my arse kicked.

Maybe I should get some SPAM and Velveeta and go for a zero. :becky:

CD

wrench_H,

Im feeling like caseydog right now. Like Im gettin my ars kicked. :shock:

Those look awesome, GREAT JOB!!! :clap2:

Yep, I am out. Who picked that farking category in the first place :tsk:

Back