• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Where do you buy your pellets?

pjtexas1

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
We're always taking about cookers and where to get a good deal. Thought it would be nice to help each other save money on pellets. Where do you get the best deals?

I found that Rural King has Lumber Jack for $8.79 / 20LB. But none near me. Bummer!
https://www.ruralking.com/lumber-ja...ItrWd2fT33QIVlYlpCh0l2wP0EAQYAiABEgKMGvD_BwE#

Westx pointed me to Lumber Jack at Atwoods for $8.99 per 20LB. Not a bummer!
https://www.atwoods.com/lumber-jack-mhc-blend-bbq-grilling-pellets-20-lbs-5087.html

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I buy bulk from bbqpelletsonline.com and use what I need and sell the rest to friends and neighbors.

ever since the cookingpellets on amazon went up I have been getting the lumberjack from a local dealer $30 for #40

you can get bulk here
https://bbqpelletsonline.com/index.php

Not sure if you are interested, but you can do mini bulk orders directly from Cookin’ Pellets. The Perfect Mix is $390 for 15 40lb bags delivered to your door. Each bag comes in its own perfectly sized cardboard box. A great way to save some $$. If you have a friend or family member you could always split an order 7/8 if that works better.

I'm figuring it out as well. Got a guy locally that buys cookingpellets in bulk and sells for 30 a bag (40 lb). I just picked up some pecan B&B at academy for 12.99 for 20lb and B&B comp mix of apple, cherry and oak for 20 for 40 lbs.

Hoping I like the B&B stuff and that the price stays down.

I get mine from Smoke Daddy, local LumberJack dealer. Also around this time of year, check Wally World, I think last year several Brethren were getting 40# bags of Pit Boss, I think, for $1.

$50 for 40 lbs? [emoji15]

is that what they are?? :twitch: ... I just add to my existing orders. getting i t somewhere else will probably be close with the shipping.

we used to buy by the tone...paid 11$ a 20lb bag when you buy bulk. I dont have the need for that much since i stopped competing and use the stickburners most of the time at home. So grabbing 4-5 bags out of convenience is ok.

just checked.. yup $50 for 40 lbs.. free shipping...

to get them direct from BBQer delight its 48$ for 40lb..plus shipping.. I only use BBQ delight for my home use, so options are limited as to where.

I get mine from Smoke Daddy, local LumberJack dealer. Also around this time of year, check Wally World, I think last year several Brethren were getting 40# bags of Pit Boss, I think, for $1.
Smoke Daddy near you... the same guys that build pellet grills? Must be hard to walk out with only pellets!

Us cheap farkers are paying .29 - .75 per pound...bbqchef33 is balling at 1.25. :thumb:

just checked.. yup $50 for 40 lbs.. free shipping...

to get them direct from BBQer delight its 48$ for 40lb..plus shipping.. I only use BBQ delight for my home use, so options are limited as to where.

I use a mix of 50/50 Hickory & Cherry BBQ Delight, and I don't know if it is still true, but Academy Sports and Outdoors which is big in Texas and surrounding areas has B&B Branded pellets which at one time were made by BBQ Delight.

How many pounds of pellets do you need to have on hand? In my case they compete with B&B and Stubbs charcoal for taking up valuable storage space in my garage. :razz: My FEC-100 burns less than a pound of pellets per hour at 250 degrees, so a twenty pound bag is good for way more than twenty hours of cooking. I start my rib cooks out at 180 for an hour in smoke mode before cranking up to 250 and doubt that I go through more than a couple of pounds of pellets over a four hour rib cook.

Smoke Daddy near you... the same guys that build pellet grills? Must be hard to walk out with only pellets!

Yep, about a half hour north from work. Dennis LOVES to talk about anything BBQ. I usually show up around lunch time and he always offers me lunch. :grin: Seems he's always smoking up something for lunch for his crew. He's shown me around the shop several times and likes to show off the latest thing he's working on.

GREAT GUY!

Back