Rec Tec and GMG metal thickness?

CtTradArcher

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I am considering getting a pellet cooker and pretty much have it narrowed down to a GMG or a Rec Tec. Considerations were features, cost, and financing.

I went and looked at the GMG grills today and was surprised on how thick the metal was, or should I say wasn't. They also had Traeger and Louisiana grills and they too were of the same thickness. They had a Memphis there that was definitely thicker, but 2 1/2 times the cost, which I cannot justify.

I cannot see a Rec Tec, so I don't know how they stack up. Does anyone know the gauge of the metal vs GMG?

I am liking the features of the GMG over the Rec Tec, like the remote and the meat probe. But from what I can tell from what I have read here, Rec Tec owners are pretty happy people. But then again, so are the GMG folks.

So I guess if the metal of both are of similar thickness, I will go with the GMG.

Sorry for the long winded post. Just hoping to get some input from those in the know.

Thanks!

Yoder uses thicker steel than all of the above, and is still in that price range, just a little higher. Have you looked into them?

Back