• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Professional Cookware

bingo1912

Take a breath!
Reaction score
As I'm still unemployed I was wondering if anyone would like to see a booth at the events they are competing in with real cookware they can use and depend on to do the job right, everytime!
I would like to have my own booth and line of utensils ect.
Just wondering if there is any interest, and would that be a conflict of interest if I was judging at these events?
Fraternally yours in BBQ
Gary

Don't know what it's like in WA, but the "non food" vending fees would keep you away from comps here... unless you knew you would sell enough.

I think at bigger comps and some festivals you might do okay but week in and week out you will see the same clientel and you would probably see a huge drop off by June. Plus, just the travel expenses alone, none of the competitions in that area are close to each other.

I think it would be a tough sell. I'm very "intimate" with my untensils/cookware/etc. If someone is in a pinch, I'm sure they'd buy whatever you had at whatever price as long as they needed it and couldn't borrow it from another pit. Good idea, I just think it's a few years in the making....

I think at bigger comps and some festivals you might do okay but week in and week out you will see the same clientel and you would probably see a huge drop off by June. Plus, just the travel expenses alone, none of the competitions in that area are close to each other.

Thanks for the feedback. I've been doing my homework on this one for quite a while. I have a line of products that are professional grade and anyone would be proud to own and use I have been using them for a long time. No more paying top dollar for a pot, pan or knife. You can buy them from me for a very reasonable price and the public would like them as well. My booth would be geared more for the public but would be very convenient for the cooks as well. I have seen comparable pots going for $45 and I can sell them for $20 and still make a profit. Card carrying Brethren, PNWBA and KCBS members and competitors would get a discount of course. :p

Meanwhile, do you have a website or catalog or something that we could look at presently? Sounds like a GREAT opportunity, and I would think that MANY of us would love to see what you have available.

As far as the comp set-up, not sure that it would be profitable. Just my $.02.:-D

Meanwhile, do you have a website or catalog or something that we could look at presently? Sounds like a GREAT opportunity, and I would think that MANY of us would love to see what you have available.

As far as the comp set-up, not sure that it would be profitable. Just my $.02.:-D

Thanks Tom
I have been in touch with my webmaster and we are currently in the process of developing the website. I'll notify the brethren when it is up :thumb:

sounds like you'd be better off trying to get a booth at some sort of food expo. They have a number of them around here like this one. http://www.thecookingexpo.com/index.php You'd have to look a bit for what's in your area.

I think it's a great deal for exhibitors, because, besides folks selling cooking products and food, there are many exhibitors giving out free samples of beer, wine, and liquor. Tends to bring out the impulse buying impulses:p

sounds like you'd be better off trying to get a booth at some sort of food expo. They have a number of them around here like this one. http://www.thecookingexpo.com/index.php You'd have to look a bit for what's in your area.

I think it's a great deal for exhibitors, because, besides folks selling cooking products and food, there are many exhibitors giving out free samples of beer, wine, and liquor. Tends to bring out the impulse buying impulses:p

The cooking expo should be the drinking expo. I looked at the vendor list and it is just about all beer, wine and spirits.

Sounds like my kind of food show!!!

The cooking expo should be the drinking expo. I looked at the vendor list and it is just about all beer, wine and spirits.

Back