Concession Success and Thank you

kghart

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Aug 17-22 my wife, my step-daughter, and I spent the week selling BBQ at a small, country fair about 20 minutes from our home. I started my BBQ catering business in 2012 doing road-side vending and a few small caterings. This was our first experience selling concessions for our fledgling barbeque business. It was long days with little sleep but we enjoyed every minute of it.

Just like Willy’s Q Shack, we learned that other vendors can be VERY territorial when it comes to new competition. We thought we might have the HD called on us during the week but the other guy had so many violations he’d have been stupid to try it.

We had lots of compliments, several return customers and several took business cards and asked about catering. We couldn’t have asked for a better week.

I want to give a public “Thank You” to HBMTN for his advice, mentorship and even “on the job training” these past three years. I owe much of last weeks success to he and his wife. I also want to thank the Brethren who have answered my questions and offered advice on this forum. Thank you for your willingness to share your knowledge and love of BBQ with a rookie.

Congrats on such a great week selling Que!!

This is a great place no doubt

Congrats on the gig. Thst HBMTN guy doesn't say much, but, it's always spot on

Back