Menu help please - guys left home alone!

Smoke some tuna steaks. Cool. Flake. Make a savory dill relish based tuna salad (Tuna, chopped Vidalia, Mt. Olive Kosher relish if you can find it, regular dill relish if not, a touch of chopped fresh dill, squirt of Dijon, sour cream and Dukes mayo - measurements by eye depending on your tastes and amount of tuna) and serve with some excellent crackers (Plenty of those in Florida, I heard...) and thinly sliced tomato. Smoked gouda is a nice cheese to pair it with. Healthy, good for you, and delish.

Soup, stew, fried rice, stir fry, omelettes, curry, chili, pizza, kebabs.. There are any number of really easy dishes to make out there

The brisket should make multiple meals, and you need to include ranch style beans and potato salad. I would also grab a bone-in turkey breast, inject it with Creole butter and put Tony's Creole seasoning on the outside and smoke it. It is so good that you might not have left-overs. Tacos using the Old El Paso seasoning packages and taco shells sever me well as a quick, but good, meal.

Spaghetti (lots of it so that you have leftover spaghetti)! Cincinnati chili as long as you are cooking spaghetti noodles.

Blackened prime rib? Sorry you lost me after I read that. Sounds amazing.

Yea, pretty damn good! I've got a 2 bone prime rib leftover vacuum packed in the freezer. I'll pull it out and thaw and get it up to room temps, then slice it relatively thin (about 1/2"-3/4") apply a good blackening rub and just sear in cast iron skillet over a super hot fire (it is already cooked to rare, don't want to take it too far). Yum!

Update - first dinner

Tonight had to be pretty quick. Mac (my son) was at college all day and I was stacking hay round bales in the barn. Nettles sausage links (a local spicy brat) & grilled onion sandwiches. They look pretty lonely on the 26.75 OGT, should have pulled a fatty or two out of the freezer.
004_zpsa429480b.jpg

Fresh cuban bread, little yellow mustard & grilled onions.
006_zps6faba090.jpg

OK, definitely a guy meal. Gonna have to do better with veggies & stuff for the rest of the week. Pulled some smoked chicken leftovers out of the freezer for tomorrow - smoked chicken enchilada soup!

I would just .......PIG OUT!
I would be eating bacon cheese burgers, bacon wrapped fatties and steak and eggs for breakfast every day!!!
I am hoping your wife does not belong to this forum.
Fried chicken and wafels are also the bomb for breakfast or supper. Just go crazy. And let us know how you both survived.

I love veggies on the grill but to feed a 19 yr old you need to make a skillet of goolash with poblano and bell peppers and large elbow noodles. Best with lean ground beef but ground turkey works great too.

LOL, you do know you need to figure in some left overs...:p

That said how about some mushroom and swiss burgers..and fries.

Yea, pretty damn good! I've got a 2 bone prime rib leftover vacuum packed in the freezer. I'll pull it out and thaw and get it up to room temps, then slice it relatively thin (about 1/2"-3/4") apply a good blackening rub and just sear in cast iron skillet over a super hot fire (it is already cooked to rare, don't want to take it too far). Yum!

Oh man my mouth is literally watering right now as I picture it in my head. So you're roasting the prime rib first then finishing it off in a super hot pan with blackening spice? Wow I actually feel kind of dumb for not thinking of that before. It sounds unreal!!

I would just .......PIG OUT!
I would be eating bacon cheese burgers, bacon wrapped fatties and steak and eggs for breakfast every day!!!
I am hoping your wife does not belong to this forum.
Fried chicken and wafels are also the bomb for breakfast or supper. Just go crazy. And let us know how you both survived.

I hope you stay married, or you are gonna' be 350 pounds of heart attack waiting to happen. :shock:

CD :becky:

Back