Just ordered an LSG 20x36

Turbo6

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

New here but figured I would join since I just placed an order for a lonestargrillz 20x36. Super excited to have a real stick burner as I have only been using my WSM for the past 3 years. Anyone on here use the 36? I see most owners opt for the 42 but since it's usually just the two of us, figured the smaller cook chamber might be more efficient.

Also curious what you guys do for leaving them out in the weather. Covr vs no cover, etc.

Thanks

Turbo6

Welcome to the LSG family! My LSG is covered by a GrillWraps. Its is marine grade material used for boats. It is custom fitted for my specific cooker. It is not cheap but... neither was my LSG vertical offset. It has a 10 year warranty. There are other covers that likely work well too.

So my only concern was I would get mold when ever I would cover my WSM. Since I started leaving it uncovered and open, never had that issue again. Don't want to start that issue with a new cooker.

Congratulations, you will enjoy it and they cook/smoke great. You did not indicate what options you added but I would recommend add temp ports on the main chamber, pull handle and 8 inch wheels if you plan on moving it around. If I had mine to do over on the 20x42 I would have purchased with 1/2 fire grate. The biggest pain you will have is the wait :-D

Options are a pull handle, single temp probe (might have them add a second), rake/poker rack, ash rake, and temp fan port.

Debating on the gas assist log or not.

Congrats man, lsg top quality. I go with covered but air everything very frequently

Thanks guys. Excited but not looking forward to the long wait.

I have been looking up videos of people using this smoker on youtube and I don't know if it's me but a lot of food looks dry to me.

The vids lonestargrillz puts out look great but not sure on others. Hoping its just the lighting or something technique wise.

Options are a pull handle, single temp probe (might have them add a second), rake/poker rack, ash rake, and temp fan port.

I would get a weed burner instead. It will give you more options.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm not an authority on the subject, but I really researched it to hell, and weighed every option, before I spent a couple Gs on a lifetime smoker from LSG (20x42). I added the pull handle, 8" wheels, 1/2 fire grate, removable ash pan, single temp probe port, and a temp controller port.

My thought process:

The 1/2" grate has a lifetime warranty, so if there's any way for my hot-smoking arse to destroy it, it'll be covered.

The pull handle is a necessity for any rig that's gonna be moved around, ever.

The 8" wheels will be necessary for getting the rig from my driveway to my backyard, and then wheeling around my patio, which is cracked and farked up.

The ash pan will make it easier for me to dump ash and keep airflow during long smokes, which has been an issue for me with my current offset. I've been scraping ashes into a bucket with a spatula every few hours.

I added a single temp probe, even though I use multiple probes during a cook. The diameter of the hole should be wide enough to accept multiple probe WIRES, as long as I feed the actual probes through individually.

And the temp controller port was something I researched and decided was a legitimate investment. I've never used a temp controller, but by all accounts, they're useful for controlling a CLEAN fire.

Also, I just realized that my previous dissertation didn't have a farkin' thing to do with your original question. I'll try to answer again tomorrow, once I get over the dehydration and headache. :wink:

is it under a porch cover? if so you can get away with not covering. I suggest keep it covered and use weekly!

I have gas assist starter on my LSG vertical offset. Really do love it and it works well. But... I agree with Paul that a weed burner would work just as well and perhaps a quicker start.

I have gas assist starter on my LSG vertical offset. Really do love it and it works well. But... I agree with Paul that a weed burner would work just as well and perhaps a quicker start.

Is there any way to utilize a turkey fryer regulator I have sitting in the garage?

One thing I don't care for with regards to the weed burner is you pretty much have to stand there and hold it. Dragging the tank out, attaching things each time, etc. I love the gas assist on my LSG and wouldn't want to be without it.

Is there any way to utilize a turkey fryer regulator I have sitting in the garage?

I lost my "turkey fryer regulator" advisor license last year and have not renewed it. :-D Really have no idea, sorry.

I'd get pull handle and fire poker. No need for anything else really. Don't need log assist with a pit that small. Probes you can just run under the door. You will be using tiny spits cut down a bunch so a large Kindling Cracker will come in handy more than anything. Just dump a chimney of lit charcoal and set a couple little splits on top. That will get you a nice coal bed rally quick. You could do log assist or weed burner if you want.

Back