MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-13-2019, 02:16 PM   #16
airedale
is one Smokin' Farker

Wow. Thanks for the video Jason. I never would have believed the speed without seeing it. I see, too, that you have a plastic tube and it looks like the end is rounded to some extent. I have stainless tubes and the ends are much sharper. I'm going to try profiling them to add a little radius; fortunately I have a lathe so that will be pretty easy.
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 06-13-2019, 02:26 PM   #17
RY
Found some matches.

I use 3/16 die for hamburg. If you want it to be closer to what you buy in store run it through twice. 5/16 is to big for one time through.
RY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2019, 02:53 PM   #18
Jason TQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale View Post
Wow. Thanks for the video Jason. I never would have believed the speed without seeing it. I see, too, that you have a plastic tube and it looks like the end is rounded to some extent. I have stainless tubes and the ends are much sharper. I'm going to try profiling them to add a little radius; fortunately I have a lathe so that will be pretty easy.
And it's not a silver bullet, but seems to help. I had the stainless tubes on my grinder when I used that to stuff and it did seem to help too. Not sure if they were rounded at all. I've also used some pam or cooking spray and that works ok.

My casings are still sitting in water too right before I put them on the tube.
3 Hunsaker Drums
Weber 18.5 Kettle
Big Green Egg XL
"Tenacious Q" Competition Team, Head Idiot
KCBS CBJ
Jason TQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2019, 02:58 PM   #19
Joshw
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason TQ View Post
And it's not a silver bullet, but seems to help. I had the stainless tubes on my grinder when I used that to stuff and it did seem to help too. Not sure if they were rounded at all. I've also used some pam or cooking spray and that works ok.

My casings are still sitting in water too right before I put them on the tube.
I spray the tube and the inside of the stuffer with a food grade silicone spray. Makes everything go much smoother. I also like to leave a little water in the casing, as I am putting it on the tube. The bringing the meat out to the end of the tube is to remove as much air as possible.
Joshw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2019, 03:45 PM   #20
Stlsportster
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Joel

I’m disturbed by that video. And the 14 yr old boy in me is dying to make some off color comments.

But I’m above that kind of sophomoric display......very slightly.

Please consider a subscription!

Brisket is sacred, don't **** with brisket!

On a foggy day with stick burners in front of businesses and at houses burping Mesquite, Pecan, and Oak- the thin blue laying hazily near the ground- outstanding. - 16Adams
Stlsportster is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->