My fathers day brisket with pics

tx_hellraiser

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Here are some pictures I took of my.cook please feel free to leave feed back uploadfromtaptalk1339949958238.jpguploadfromtaptalk1339949985982.jpguploadfromtaptalk1339950015158.jpguploadfromtaptalk1339950027672.jpguploadfromtaptalk1339950038555.jpguploadfromtaptalk1339950048956.jpguploadfromtaptalk1339950058471.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Whoa.... that is a unique smoke ring to say the least !!!

Was this brisket cured, brined etc... doesn't seem like bad smoke as the exhaust looks like it's running very clean...

LOL I made a lot of those when I used my NBBS back in the silicon gasket, 200 degree
days

Got so tired of smoking Id wrap and finish in the oven.

Whoa.... that is a unique smoke ring to say the least !!!

Was this brisket cured, brined etc... doesn't seem like bad smoke as the exhaust looks like it's running very clean...

Yes the brisket was salted the night before then clwaned with cold water

This is my 3rd tine doing a brisket my friend gave me his process not sure why he uses the salt I use my own,rub and sauces I been thinking about not,using the salt

This is my 3rd tine doing a brisket my friend gave me his process not sure why he uses the salt I use my own,rub and sauces I been thinking about not,using the salt

I don't see the value in doing that.. it's more like a corned beef into apastrami (without the pastrami seasoning)

How long did you cook it and at what temp ?

May be wrong, but from the looks of the sliced chunk, it looks like it needed more time..

Maybe we can help you figure out what you're hoping to achieve.

my question is.... and I am not being critical at all I just started cooking brisket myself. Is that the smoke ring or is it medium rare??? Can you cook a brisket medium rare and it be probe tender???? The last one was great I cooked but, I eat all my beef medium rare and it was not medium rare but it was wonderful.. That goes back to the question can you do it( medium rare) and it be tender???? Brisket Gurus chime in I am here to learn me something!!!!!!!

It was cooked at various tempts I know the,tempt,should be steady that was my first mistake I cooked for about 6 hours probe at 200 from the point to the flat checkef 3 different places with a meat thermoeter think its accurate
So what I did was cook the meatside down 2 hours then fliped it cokef and sauce for 2 hours then wrapped it up for the rest I was in a hurry.wiah is the biggest mistake my.brisket I had last time was the best I taken my time and had steady temps frimt start to.finush I usally cook at 275.to 300

my question is.... and I am not being critical at all I just started cooking brisket myself. Is that the smoke ring or is it medium rare??? Can you cook a brisket medium rare and it be probe tender???? The last one was great I cooked but, I eat all my beef medium rare and it was not medium rare but it was wonderful.. That goes back to the question can you do it( medium rare) and it be tender???? Brisket Gurus chime in I am here to learn me something!!!!!!!

The pink it from the overnight salting/nitrates/salt combined with the smoke &heat.

you can cannot cook a brisket medium rare and be tender.

Back