Fatties recipe's

Jaskew82

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
So, fatties are new to me. I noticed in another thread several people mentioned that they hadn't heard of them until they joined this forum.

With that said, maybe I could get some of you seasoned pros to post you best/favorite Fatties recipes.

Any recipes to share?

I'm not exactly a seasoned pro, but I like my fatties nekkid. That's with no stuffing. I normally make them with sausage I've ground myself - sweet or hot Italian, breakfast sausage, whatever - hot links sausage is fantastic. I don't put too much thought into it - just hit it with whatever rub you have laying around, cook it till it's done, sauce it or don't & enjoy! Some folks like a bacon weave on theirs.

Here's a link from Ron L's siggy. It's a group that's doing important work!

Last edited:
When I first joined, I went to the bottom of the forum page and did a search for fatty recipr and it will give you all the threads with the different recipes. Basically I've found you can put just about anything and everything into a fatty.

I don't know if I would call myself a pro, but here are a few that have worked out well for me. All wrapped with bacon and jimmy dean mild sausage.

Pepperoni, Mozzarella Cheese and Tomato Sauce
Pictured below, from left to right:
a big blueberry pancake (a crowd favorite)
pulled pork with mac-n-cheese
scrambled eggs with cheese
MGalleryItem.php

Your best bet is to just search fatties. There is so many different combos that have already been posted that you won't be able to get through them all.

Another place you can also check is the Throwdown section. There was a fatty throwdown last year. In the voting thread are all the entries. If something strikes your fancy, you can click on the person and it will take you to their entry in the entry thread. Quite often people give recipes with their entry.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94096

Of course you can just go into the Throwdown subforum and snoop around there.

Back