Where to get Q in Memphis?

Tricky

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I'll be in Memphis in September, and looking for recommendations on mouth-watering BBQ.

All recommendations appreciated and accepted!

I would include Cozy Corner and Central BBQ on Central Ave If you can manage it. Try the Cornish Hen at CC.

I was going to say any place you see smoke coming from. Be adventurous and try something that is off the beaten path. Everyone knows the big guys, see if you can find a hidden gem.

NOT Rendevous or Corky's.Tourist TRAPS! Try The Bar-B Que Shoppe or Central.Interstate is good but carry in a bottle of Tabasco and order the sauce on the side(Way too sweet for me.).Neeley's(Not Interstate)they are related, is O.K(at least you can get REAL pulled Q,not chopped).All the Q on Beale is a JOKE!Germantown Comissary is DECENT at best.The REALLY GREAT Q in Memphis is served in dives and in parts of town that I would never recommend visiting after dark,especially if you have women in the group.Just sayin.

The REALLY GREAT Q in Memphis is served in dives and in parts of town that I would never recommend visiting after dark,especially if you have women in the group.

No women, just my pop, me and my two brothers. But it may be after dark before we get around to eating. I'm all for dives. Bring 'em on.

NOT Rendevous or Corky's.Tourist TRAPS! Try The Bar-B Que Shoppe or Central.Interstate is good but carry in a bottle of Tabasco and order the sauce on the side(Way too sweet for me.).Neeley's(Not Interstate)they are related, is O.K(at least you can get REAL pulled Q,not chopped).All the Q on Beale is a JOKE!Germantown Comissary is DECENT at best.The REALLY GREAT Q in Memphis is served in dives and in parts of town that I would never recommend visiting after dark,especially if you have women in the group.Just sayin.

hahaha! i loved memphis when i lived there. the seedier the better! i have some stories about that town......

Hey! :boxing: I live in Nutbush ya know.:-D
Seriously though you're advice is good. Central ON Central and The Bar B Que Shoppe on Madison are in decent neighborhoods and the Q is good.

hahaha! i loved memphis when i lived there. the seedier the better! i have some stories about that town......

Me too!

Morris Grocery in Eads is one of the best pulled pork sandwiches I ever had around Memphis. Tom's on Getwell has great rib tips and BBQ bologne. You got to eat fried chicken at Gus. Be prepared to eat in your car at Morris and Toms.

not 'cue but I've been dying to try Gus' fried chicken

If you can, take a little road trip to the original Gus's in Mason. Just get on Summer Avenue and go east til you get there. Bout 45 minutes to an hour or so.

How is Top's bbq out on the way to Millington - any good?

I agree about the original Gus'. I have only eaten at the original. I lived in Somerville most of my life

Back