The Official Pellet Grill Smoker thread.

I am sure I could, but I am more than happy paying my $50 for 10 bags when I thought the low end would be around $15 per locally. I did ask my friend if he wanted some at cost because he would do the same for me. Free would be awesome, but dealing with someone from CL has a strong possibility to make me wish I just parted with the cash.
I was happy paying $110 for 10 bags!

Since I am not far from you, if you got them locally for that can you let me know how/where? If I get in a pinch before/after I get this batch from my parents it would be nice to have an option.
I got them from Dick's website on sale. Atlanta Grill Company on Upper Hembree Road has them but they are expensive there.

Creekstone bone in ribeye and fillet...spg then oak ridge black ops...

21d0c6ef9a8127af1ba5cab3bfd60ec1.jpg

56f82c6925f1581678140ec09353ad2a.jpg

fc7c76210ee48be9696ba3c93a062c14.jpg

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s a BEAUTIFUL piece of meat gtsum!!

Creekstone bone in ribeye and fillet...spg then oak ridge black ops...

21d0c6ef9a8127af1ba5cab3bfd60ec1.jpg

56f82c6925f1581678140ec09353ad2a.jpg

fc7c76210ee48be9696ba3c93a062c14.jpg

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Perfection!!!!! Man the ribeye looks massive sitting next to that cute lil filet... lol.

So I want to share something with you guys if it hasnt already been shared or done. I have the AMAZN tube and when I first used the pellets in it, I got smoke output but the thing wouldnt stay lit OR the smoke flavor wasnt strong enough. So after a little trial and error I have found the loading the AMAZN tube with a mixture of wood chips and pellets works EXTREMELY well. I load the bottom 3rd of the tube with wood chips. Use the back of a grate cleaner to push it down and pack it in really well. Then I layer some pellets, then more chips, then more pellets and so on until I get to the top. At the top I use some pellets to get the flame started.

I tried using ALL chips one time and the grill temp was about 25 degrees higher than what I wanted so idk if mixing the pellets in helps with that but it seems like it. The tube lasts anywhere between 3 and 4 hours. Including pics of the smoke output. Edit: pictures uploaded sideways for some reason

Last edited:
So I want to share something with you guys if it hasnt already been shared or done. I have the AMAZN tube and when I first used the pellets in it, I got smoke output but the thing wouldnt stay lit OR the smoke flavor wasnt strong enough. So after a little trial and error I have found the loading the AMAZN tube with a mixture of wood chips and pellets works EXTREMELY well. I load the bottom 3rd of the tube with wood chips. Use the back of a grate cleaner to push it down and pack it in really well. Then I layer some pellets, then more chips, then more pellets and so on until I get to the top. At the top I use some pellets to get the flame started.

I tried using ALL chips one time and the grill temp was about 25 degrees higher than what I wanted so idk if mixing the pellets in helps with that but it seems like it. The tube lasts anywhere between 3 and 4 hours. Including pics of the smoke output. Edit: pictures uploaded sideways for some reason

Interesting!! Thanks for sharing :)

I had the opportunity to go deep sea fishing yesterday and ended up with some nice yellow fin tuna steaks and mahi mahi. Any suggestions for cooking on the pellet?
Thanks!

I usually just grill the mahi with ol bay & Make some fish tacos. Mahi is so good! I usually add purple cabbage for crunch & whatever other fixings you like. Sounds like a great trip. We caught ours in the Outer Banks. Great time!!

I light my tube with a torch. Hold it there for about a minute maybe. Let the pellets catch fire & burn. Wait about another minute & blow out the fire & I don't have any problem with it smoking away. I think mine is a 12". Usually lasts a good 4-5 hours

Are most of you smoking using your smoke setting? On the mak it’s at a temp of a 170-180 is this only for cold smoking? I would assume meat could stay in the danger zone using that low of a temp right?

Are most of you smoking using your smoke setting? On the mak it’s at a temp of a 170-180 is this only for cold smoking? I would assume meat could stay in the danger zone using that low of a temp right?

Some guys like to use the smoke setting for the first hour or two to impart more smoke... and then bump the controller to a more traditional low n slow temp for the remainder of the cook. On the MAK's I have not found that to be necessary as I get a TON of smoke anywhere in the 200-300 degree range. I even get a good amount of smoke into the 300's :)

Some guys like to use the smoke setting for the first hour or two to impart more smoke... and then bump the controller to a more traditional low n slow temp for the remainder of the cook. On the MAK's I have not found that to be necessary as I get a TON of smoke anywhere in the 200-300 degree range. I even get a good amount of smoke into the 300's :)

Gotcha. I did my first smoke using Lumberjack Applewood pellets. Smoked at 225 for a while then bumped it up to a high temp to finish. Unfortunately did not get enough smoke profile. Im wondering it it is just the mildness of the Apple or if i needed to use the smoke setting. Id prefer to smoke at 275 or so but i worry about not getting enough of a smoke profile.

Back