• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My simple PBC review.

Nate749

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
This is just a simple review of the PBC that I purchased and the ease of it. I considered a uds but honestly did not want another project I have too many around the house as it is. So here is the review.

I order with the grilling discount and receive my new cooker in 4 days, I already had planned to do my FIRST brisket so I was prepared. Set up was honestly idiot proof. If you can open a box and cut through some tape you've mad it past the hardest part. Total time from opening box to meat on and cooking was about 30 minutes, could have saved a couple minutes but had to grab a beer:wink: I cannot express how simple this thing is.. Is it a wsm? No it isn't so lets get that out of the way.. This thing cooks SOLID at 280-290 degrees which I like to cook at.. Ive done the low and slow and I like the time difference with a little more heat so this works perfect for me.. other might not like to cook that high but I do. Lets get back to the simplicity of this machine..now the process of getting started with this thing is not IKEA dresser assembly difficult more like throwing clothes into the dryer it is that easy. I mean you dump charcoal into the pre-measured bin, add lighter fluid, insert into cooker and put a match to it and return in 20 minutes.. THAT IS IT!! not rocket science. I set up and put my brisket on hanging of course and trust me I had my doubts! so away I went armed only with a toothpick waiting for my probe test.. it was a 12-13 lb packer and trimmed I guess haha I have never even looked at brisket before.. about 5-6 hours later I have the brisket in the cooler resting and my friends and I thought it was delicious!! there were 5 of us and honestly the brisket was all but one for and not much left over..

I know this is not a wsm,uds,ceramic cooker.. and honestly I knew that buying it. But i didn't realize the big drawn out discussion that would lead to on here. Im not putting down any other cooker as myself I have 3 webers and an akorn. Just a simple review of a product that looked dummy proof and a product I didnt have to baby sit at all and that pushed me to purchase it. Here are pictures!!

And yes I know I did not correctly trim and separate the brisket I realize that know but since that was my first on Ididnt car and honeslty no one else did either.. But now I know haha!

Attachments

• IMG_0458.jpg
    IMG_0458.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_0461.jpg
    IMG_0461.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0462.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 528
Thanks for the review and the pictures. The brisket looks gooooood!

(The fat is my favorite part. :thumb: )

Is the intake opening pre set? what is the dimensions on he basket? Brisket look spot on!

I'm digging that barrel. Have you done brisket on wsm and barrel? If so he do the compare? I'm askin caz I'd love a barrel some day (very happy with my wsm though, great unit).

That looks like a solid cooker and a very viable option for those that don't have the inclination nor resources for a diy project....

and..your brisket looks OutStanding!!!!

Thank you for taking the time to review it for us.....

I spoke to Noah earlier this week, during our conversation about the PBc and the company, I mentioned the reservations Ive had with the lighter fluid, if for no other reason, practice what i preach, and lighter fluid has been tossed aside many years ago.. so he said to simply fill the premeasured ring, remove some coals and put them in a chimney and light em up, then dump them on top when they are ready.

only mentioning this because someone, like me WILL jump on the lighter fluid issue. :grin:

That Brisket Looks Fantastic...Thanks for the Good Review..Gonna go ahead and order mine later tonight !!

Thank you for the responses.. I don't know if I stated it but that brisket was around 12-13 lbs if I remember correctly and I just cut off the bigger fat points that looked way to big to cook through and just slightly trimmed other areas so maybe it went on the grill at 10-11 lbs maybe more I don't remember exactly sorry.. And that was my first time I have ever cooked a brisket but felt very confident after reading multiple pages on this site about it and also on the PBC website. Yes the intake was preset I didnt touch anything just hung the meat and walked away and returned about 5 hours later and it probed perfect and those were my results. And honestly it wasn't the fact that I couldn't build a uds The fact of time and material vs the ease of click,submit,arrive far outweighed building one!

And yes Patio this thing simply ROCKS!!!

i hung it vertical with the flat facing down using 2 hooks.. basically followed the instructions per the PBC youtube video

Great review Nate. Mine is on the fed ex truck. Can't wait.

Back