Moisture in UDS

smokeyw

is Blowin Smoke!
Does anyone else get a lot of moisture buildup in their UDS when cooking butts? I cooked three butts last week and probably had a quart of water in the bottom of the drum when they were done. I am also getting a lot of grease dripping down the side of the drum all around. Is this normal? The butts were really good but I am wondering if my Kingsford kettle lid has enough exhaust.

Yeah I get that too. Especially with Low 'n' Slow cooking. Higher temps will evaporate more moisture. I wouldn't worry. The meat gives off a lot of moisure.

Yep all normal, I'm thinking of trying a rope gasket inside the lid, to stop the grease from running down the outside, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Thanks for the feedback. The UDS turns out great product. It is really getting ugly from the drippings on the ouside though. I kind of thought it was normal but I have seen a lot of bright shiny UDS pics here that don't look like they have been cooked on. I guess they clean them better and more often than I do.

Shiney UDS's, who has a shiney one????? Ought to be outlawed.....

DSCF5277.jpg

Heh,heh........:becky::becky::becky:

Paul B
SS UDS

Back