MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:08 PM   #1
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Pacific Northwest Evergreen Eggfest (pics!)

It wasn't a Cooking Class, but just when you think you've seen it all, an Egghead never ceases to amaze!!

Left Hand Smoke (JD McGee & swamprb) was all in for the 4th Annual Pacific Northwest Evergreen Eggfest in Kent, WA Saturday June 5th, 2010. The week of rain cleared up and the blue skies were out and we all had a great time!

Our Menu for the day! Thanks to Mohamed and Bill at The Butcher Shop Cafe
and Select Gourmet Foods in Kenmore, WA for the specialty sausages.www.selectgourmetfoods.com

Also on hand was guest Chris Capell of Dizzy Pig rubs.

Kenny Baker BBQ Guru & Dizzy Pig team member

Nice guys- and they shared some Competition stories and advice (and some awesome Comp Chicken pics!)

Brethren cooking and in attendance Snoqualmiesmoker cooking up a chitstorm of grub-the Salmon was fantastic! And NorthwestBBQ behind the lens. Hopefully they will share some pics on this thread (hint hint)

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t...view=slideshow
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com

Last edited by BobBrisket; 11-14-2013 at 12:53 PM..
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2010, 11:35 PM   #2
landarc

Oh man, look at all that sausage, oh beautiful sausage...

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2010, 09:58 AM   #3
swamprb

The Curried Chicken, Lamb Merguez and the fresh Elk sausages were my favorites!

The Jewish Romanian Beef sausages had curing salts and been dried for 4 days and the Pork Kielbasas were a bit lean. I think they would have been better served in a beer bath instead of grilled (note to self) but the flavors were fantastic!

I should have learned my lesson from past Eggfests and checked the accuracy of the dome thermometers before I slapped the meats on-both of mine were 80-100* off- I could have cooked Pizza on them! At least the new owners knew before they took them home-I can see the egghead forum now!

Old 06-08-2010, 10:06 AM   #4
SmokeJumper
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks for the writeup. That sausage lineup looks and sounds amazing.

I'm looking forward to our local Eggfest in a few weeks called "Eggs by the Bay". I'm not cooking this year but concentrating on the eating.
SmokeJumper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2010, 10:09 AM   #5
1FUNVET
Babbling Farker

Thanks for the pic's
1FUNVET is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2010, 10:23 AM   #6
FamilyManBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Looks good Brian!! Good food, good weather (finally)!! Looks like a good turnout?
[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][B]Humphrey's Pint[/B][/FONT][/FONT], [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial]Weber(Go Anywhere, Smokey Joe, "Smoker Joe", 22.5" Kettles, Gasser, Q100, Q200, (2)22.5" WSM, (1)18.5" WSM (1) 14.5" WSM, UDS (Weber lid), Rib-O-Lator. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][B][COLOR=black]BLACK[/COLOR][/B] thermapen...and a [B][COLOR=yellow]YELLOW[/COLOR][/B] one too!! [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][I][B]Everything I cook is judged by SIX!![/B][/I][/FONT][/FONT]

[I][FONT=Arial][B]Daddy and Me BBQ[/B] Competition Cooking Team[/FONT][/I]
FamilyManBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2010, 10:49 AM   #7
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Head KnucklHed

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamprb View Post

And NorthwestBBQ behind the lens. Hopefully they will share some pics on this thread (hint hint)
We see you Michael... you can't hide in that red shirt! Where's the rest of the pics bro??

Must have been a blast Brian!! Wish I coulda been there to sample some of that sausage!

Look awesome!
[B]1967' Int'l Harvester M1100 Food Truck, 220ci 6cyl - 5' ABS Judge - Plethora of Weber Kettles - 2 WSM 22.5's – Bunch of Thermapen Mk's - 36” BlackStone - 3 Bayou Classic Fryers - Ice Cold Kegerator[/B]

[B][I]“We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this.” ~Butz[/I][/B]
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2010, 04:02 PM   #8
swamprb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeJumper View Post
Thanks for the writeup. That sausage lineup looks and sounds amazing.

I'm looking forward to our local Eggfest in a few weeks called "Eggs by the Bay". I'm not cooking this year but concentrating on the eating.

I'd love to attend an Eggs By the Bay Eggfest! I hear Smitty puts on one helluva show!

Old 06-10-2010, 10:05 AM   #9
swamprb

Take a look at the pics provided by NorthwestBBQ of the Eggfest!

http://cid-5215efccb0189033.photos.l...Seattle%202010

Thanks Michael!

Old 06-10-2010, 10:57 AM   #10
smoke it if ya got it
Full Fledged Farker

Looks like all involved had an eggcellent time!

[COLOR=red]Rub it till it smokes![/COLOR]
smoke it if ya got it is offline   Reply With Quote