MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:27 PM   #31
pat
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRBBQ View Post
the judge next to me seemed to give out to many 6's.
I got some of those

Have you tried Simply Marvelous Rubs yet??

Backwoods Party
Ole Hickory CTO
Large Big Green Egg
WSM X 2
Weber Performer
pat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2010, 10:30 PM   #32
monty3777
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRBBQ View Post
I felt sorry for some folks though, the judge next to me seemed to give out to many 6's his paper was in view, so I looked.
I got that guy!

Old 05-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #33
musicmanryann
is One Chatty Farker

Wow--what a great weekend! Congrats to all Brethren who heard their name called, but especially to Pork Patrol ending up in the Top 10 overall with 3 calls, for their first contest! I also liked Brethren row--we were a force over there on the north block!

Thanks DP for the chili and wings, and Monty for the beer and knife sharpening--you are a gentleman and a scholar. I'll let you know when I get the chance to try it.

Thought the contest was well-run and we had all the amenities we look for. The only complaint I had was the awards ceremony; seemed like an afterthought. They could have just as quickly called top 10 in the 10 minutes that they alloted for the ceremony, but only top 7. We were lucky enough to get two of the ribbons, and they were all generic and reminded me of the ones I used to get on relay day in elementary school--very nice on that day, but by the end of the summer you have no recollection of what you got them for. lol.
CBJ #50801
6 WSM's
2 Weber Kettles
FEC100
2 Backwoods Fatboy
2 Not-so-Ugly Drum Smokers from Gateway BBQ Store
[URL="http://s674.photobucket.com/albums/vv102/Ryannewstrom/Jambo%20--%20The%20Orange%20Monster/"]Jambo -- The Orange Monster[/URL]
[URL="http://www.bigtzbbq.com/#!__main/links"]www.bigtzbbq.com[/URL]
Join our [URL="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/group.php?gid=101606657515&ref=ts"]facebook group[/URL]
musicmanryann is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2010, 09:56 AM   #34
Buster Dog BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanryann View Post
Wow--what a great weekend! Congrats to all Brethren who heard their name called, but especially to Pork Patrol ending up in the Top 10 overall with 3 calls, for their first contest! I also liked Brethren row--we were a force over there on the north block!

Thanks DP for the chili and wings, and Monty for the beer and knife sharpening--you are a gentleman and a scholar. I'll let you know when I get the chance to try it.

Thought the contest was well-run and we had all the amenities we look for. The only complaint I had was the awards ceremony; seemed like an afterthought. They could have just as quickly called top 10 in the 10 minutes that they alloted for the ceremony, but only top 7. We were lucky enough to get two of the ribbons, and they were all generic and reminded me of the ones I used to get on relay day in elementary school--very nice on that day, but by the end of the summer you have no recollection of what you got them for. lol.
Ryan, these are a step up from two years ago when it was a single ribbon. Still all looked the same. The Belton contest I did last week was the same and to top it off my finish was the same for two categories so the generic ribbons were the same too. They had an olympic torch on them.

Fastest awards ceramony ever. Too bad she wasn't in Minnesota last year for that four hour marathon.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:30 AM   #35
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : George

Congrats to all who walked
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2010, 12:39 PM   #36
monty3777
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanryann View Post
I agree - I went to the contest thinking that it would be really unorganized. I was glad to discover that, with a few minor issues that you get at every comp., the contest was run well. I appreciated the fact that the awards ceremony was not drawn out - but I also agree that going to 10th place seems reasonable. This may be more out of my own selfishness because at least we would have gotten a call.

I see they only had 82% CBJs. I think in the future I will try and avoid comps with such a low CBJ turnout.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:17 PM   #37
Bride of Roo(BQ'n)
is one Smokin' Farker

Sorry for being so slow to get here to comment...but First and Foremost THANKS to all you guys who cooked butts for our next Operation BBQ. Your help is greatly appreciated, and also big thanks to those of you who gave us your extra meat. I convinced Tom that you covered it with some other sauce so no secrets could be revealed...

You guys all rock, it was great fun to see so many of you again.

Corduroy Pillows are Making Headlines

Operation BBQ for our Troops- Midwest Division
www.operationbbqmw.org
Bride of Roo(BQ'n) is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2010, 07:59 PM   #38
Buster Dog BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride of Roo(BQ'n) View Post
Sorry for being so slow to get here to comment...but First and Foremost THANKS to all you guys who cooked butts for our next Operation BBQ. Your help is greatly appreciated, and also big thanks to those of you who gave us your extra meat. I convinced Tom that you covered it with some other sauce so no secrets could be revealed...

You guys all rock, it was great fun to see so many of you again.
I was going to give you my meat but the city workers grabbed it out of the garbage and were too busy eating it. Thanks to Tom for noticing.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #39
thenewguy
Full Fledged Farker

You're kiddin'.....right?
thenewguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2010, 08:41 PM   #40
PimpSmoke
is one Smokin' Farker

Nice. Good show
I heard the rip when you sat down.
PimpSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2010, 09:02 PM   #41
trucky9754
On the road to being a farker

I just want to thank all the Brethren's we met at the comp in CB's. Had a great time and got to meat a bunch of you guys. I just hope you guys didn't hear Trucky1008 and I yelling at each other. I hope we kept it clean. Learned a bunch this past weekend and I think Don and I both got the itch now. I think we are going to trap a few of those squirrels and take them to the next competition we attend. I think they gave us some good carma. Another bit of information, as Don and I were leaving, one of the promoters came up to Don and I and thanked us. She said the entire row of teams (mostly Bretherns) on the north side cleaned up their spots perfectly. She said the other two streets were left with junk all over the place. She said she had to even clean up a pile of ashes someone just tossed onto the roadway. It's nice to know the Brether's group leave with a good impression. Again Thanks to all and hope to see you in the near future.

PORK PATROL BBQ
Trucky9754 (Dennis)

FEC100
CS009
Gasser Weber
Red (2) thermopen
Official MOINKER
KCBS Member
trucky9754 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2010, 09:22 PM   #42
Buster Dog BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy View Post
You're kiddin'.....right?
Nope. I had one butt that was not good. So I tossed it. Tom saw the guys grab it (and 3 pieces of chicken I just threw on that were too small to turn in) out of the garbage and were eating in the back of the truck.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:25 PM   #43
Plowboy
somebody shut me the fark up.

I see some Plowboys alumni in there. Way to go... you know who you are.

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2010, 09:56 PM   #44
monty3777
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Dog BBQ View Post
Nope. I had one butt that was not good. So I tossed it. Tom saw the guys grab it (and 3 pieces of chicken I just threw on that were too small to turn in) out of the garbage and were eating in the back of the truck.
I see a new motto in there somewhere. Heck, I'd be bragging to my mother if folks were willing to dig my Q out of the garbage and eat it!!!!

Old 05-10-2010, 10:04 PM   #45
bbqkrazy
Got rid of the matchlight.

Hey Nate, great getting to talk with you and the others at the contest. Wife wants your wife to make a tin or pack of the pig cookies and bring them to the Ottumwa contest for me to buy. Dont care what the price is just bring em!! :)

F.Y.I... our trailer now has AAA bats back in stock BUbba-Q
bbqkrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->