UDS barrel help

backwoods

Reaction score
I am working on reading the entire UDS thread and in the meantime been looking for a drum. I am in central Ohio and cannot find one within an hour drive. Anyone have any ideas where to look? Im wanting to get this made before winter hits but the closest i have found is 2 hours drive each way. If thats what i need to do, ill do it just don't tell my wife.

A quick of CL for Dayton shows someone selling a drum for $25 in Troy. Seems that is only about an hour from you. I would thing Dayton would have someone selling drums.

Paul B

Haha!!! I promise I will not tell on you. Yes, I'm sure it is frustrating, especially when you really want it now. Good luck....keep looking, there has got to be one close by.

I've found the best bet for drums in smaller towns are feed & grain outfits, especially if they blend feed on-site.

Poultry feed almost always has vegetable oil in it, horse feed usually does as well, and sometimes has molasses blended it.

Good luck,

Chris

backwoods, check out your local farm supply or environmental companies. You will find one real close.

A quick of CL for Dayton shows someone selling a drum for $25 in Troy. Seems that is only about an hour from you. I would thing Dayton would have someone selling drums.

Paul B

saw that too but dayton is 1 hour 53 min. from me. Im about 1 hour east of columbus.

I've found the best bet for drums in smaller towns are feed & grain outfits, especially if they blend feed on-site.

Poultry feed almost always has vegetable oil in it, horse feed usually does as well, and sometimes has molasses blended it.

Good luck,

Chris

backwoods, check out your local farm supply or environmental companies. You will find one real close.

Never thought about that. I have feed mills everywhere here.

Check the free classified papers that you can pick up at gas stations and other places around town, that is usually where i find them.

I just found my barrel 8 miles from my work. Business called "Woburn Metal Drum, Inc.". Go figure:rolleyes:. $30 for reconditioned, already burned out with no liner. Game on!

I just found my barrel 8 miles from my work. Business called "Woburn Metal Drum, Inc.". Go figure:rolleyes:. $30 for reconditioned, already burned out with no liner. Game on!

Got any contact info for that place? Already have some steel drums, but would like to see if they have any stainless.

Prices are going up. they only charged me $20 a couple of months ago.

Backwoods???????????????????????

Is Toledo too far? I can call a guy there and get you one-(some?)-$10ea.
PM me if you need some.
Stan aka Old School :)-

Got mine at Strawser Steel Drum, just east of the Columbus airport. I think I paid around $45. Here's the address and contact info if you're interested:

1410 Blatt Blvd
Columbus, OH 43230
(614) 856-5982

Thanks everyone.

I ended up finding one 15 min. from my house. He says they are open top with lid and clamp. I asked about the liner and he said no but they are primered so who knows. If its a liner it WILL burn out right? I live in the country so 10ft. flames every night for a week is no problem if thats what it takes.

Thanks everyone.

I ended up finding one 15 min. from my house. He says they are open top with lid and clamp. I asked about the liner and he said no but they are primered so who knows. If its a liner it WILL burn out right? I live in the country so 10ft. flames every night for a week is no problem if thats what it takes.

Yes, burn it. Or if you get it and there is rust inside maybe it doesn't need burining, but it wouldn't hurt.

Paul B

Back