MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:18 PM   #1
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Fountains Blaze-Off & Senior Q (Independence, MO)

Hey folks, we could seriously use 15 more teams for our contest to max out at 30! We put this contest on at my place of employment (The Fountains at Greenbriar Independent Living Community) as part of Senior Q month. Date is October 16-17. Entry form is attached to this post. It refers to a BBQ Bailout package where teams can pay $50 per month over a 3 month period. Obviously we're a little past that by now but everything else is the same. We are hoping to pay out more than what it's advertised at if we fill up with teams.

In addition, each team will be asked to cook one extra pork butt or brisket that we will provide so that we can provide a BBQ dinner after the awards for our residents and their families.

Please let me know if you have any questions not answered. This is a fun little contest... ask anyone who's been there in the past.

Steph, Eva was asking Jon about whether you're coming back to cook!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2009_Entry_Form.pdf (669.5 KB, 6 views)
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2009, 10:26 PM   #2
Plowboy

I'll be there, Jeff.

Does the food for the center need to be cooked for Friday night or Saturday?

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2009, 10:41 PM   #3
Jeff_in_KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
I'll be there, Jeff.

Does the food for the center need to be cooked for Friday night or Saturday?
For Saturday. The dinner is after awards so it can be turned in anytime from maybe 11 am to 2 pm. We'll even slice briskets and pull butts.
KCBS Member #14287

Old 09-22-2009, 11:44 PM   #4
Diva
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC View Post
Steph, Eva was asking Jon about whether you're coming back to cook!
Low blow, Stith.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2009, 07:32 AM   #5
Jeff_in_KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Low blow, Stith.
Hey, I only report facts, Steph! He was apparently out there looking at space and electricity options when she came out and started up a conversation!

She looked hungry... (now THAT is a low blow! )
KCBS Member #14287