MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:28 AM   #1
pigpen269
Full Fledged Farker

Default Problem with Sugar Creek, MO in 2009

I just wanted to make everyone aware that there is a problem with the Sugar Creek location next year. They have mistakingly rented out Mike Onka hall for the same weekend as the compitition. What they are thinking about doing is moving the Comp to a park near the Missouri river. The problem lies in that there wont be access to very much electricity, limited water and it is on grass and we all know that it will rain. They are thinking about renting out another hall for the couple that has Mike Onka rented but it would cost them around 1000 dollars. If you would rather have it at Mike Onka than the park please let Sue Mikula know how you feel. [email protected]
Blue UDS (UBD)
Homemade 18"/36" Grillzilla
Lang 60, (RIP)
Home Built Trailer (500gallon Oil drum).(RIP)
pigpen269 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2008, 07:47 AM   #2
Plowboy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Thanks for the heads up.

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2008, 09:14 AM   #3
Rickwieser
Knows what a fatty is.

hmm mo river park(la benite). Could have a new entry in the anything but catagory. the minnesota state bird(mosquito)got some bigguns down there. They do have several parking spots but electricity would be a problem as well as a place to hold the awards with over sixty teams. Pretty much would kill pennies for pork.
[FONT=Times New Roman]Freidrich Max Flavor 400(for sale)[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]weber kettle[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Seeking used backwoods competitor[/FONT]
Rickwieser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2008, 06:12 PM   #4
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Yeah, I used to be a park ranger with Jackson County and had the displeasure of patrolling La Benite Park and there were a lot of park patrons back then that would get a little excited if you mentioned butt. I wouldn't want to cook there! That's also where Darrell Porter took his life. Just a weird place IMHO.
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2008, 07:04 AM   #5
pigpen269
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC View Post
Yeah, I used to be a park ranger with Jackson County and had the displeasure of patrolling La Benite Park and there were a lot of park patrons back then that would get a little excited if you mentioned butt. I wouldn't want to cook there! That's also where Darrell Porter took his life. Just a weird place IMHO.
According to the Sugar Creek Police there are still alot of folks who would get excited if you mentioned butt.
Blue UDS (UBD)
Homemade 18"/36" Grillzilla
Lang 60, (RIP)
Home Built Trailer (500gallon Oil drum).(RIP)
pigpen269 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2008, 08:34 AM   #6
HoDeDo
Babbling Farker

Hopefully Sue rectifies the situation and gets the wedding moved... I would think it would hurt the event to move it.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:31 AM   #7
Rickwieser
Knows what a fatty is.

They were talking a couple years ago about moving it to the park. Maybe this is reason they have been looking for to make the move. We dont cook it anymore for other reasons i wont get into on here but it use to be a good contest. Maybe the move would give them more space for more teams. I know my electric never did work right so maybe it would get better at the park. Sure couldnt get much worse.
[FONT=Times New Roman]Freidrich Max Flavor 400(for sale)[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]weber kettle[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Seeking used backwoods competitor[/FONT]
Rickwieser is offline   Reply With Quote