Sliders

Interesting! let me know how they turn out. Seems like a lot of work for a krystal burger:biggrin: I like big honking meat patties in my burgers but am always willing to experiment!

If you are going to call them sliders, are you going to add flavor by steaming them?

I used the recipe, but cheated on the assembly. I used a second jelly roll pan and pressed it out evenly, kind of like using a patty press.

Worth the effort for me since it's a 15-20 minute drive to a Krystal location.

I've done the AB minis. They are excellent, although not quite a whitey's replica. We did them on an electric griddle over diced onions though and they are definitely good.

Interesting! let me know how they turn out. Seems like a lot of work for a krystal burger:biggrin: I like big honking meat patties in my burgers but am always willing to experiment!
That's the way I like them too, but am looking forward to hearing how they turned out... Always looking for something to cook for the little ones...

Looks tasty. One way we like to replicate the taste of a White Castle or Crystal burger:

Brown a pound of grnd beef and drain
Add 1 can of cream of onion soup and salt & pepper to taste.
Let mixture simmer until reduced a little and thick
Place mixture on small cocktail buns with a piece of favorite cheese
Wrap each burger in foil and cook for 10-15 minutes at 350*

The taste is real similar to the real deal!

Dang, I'm getting hungry now. I'm not a big slider fan, but every now and then they are just the right thing at the right time.

I saw the word sliders and thought this might be a thread about White Castle. I'll get them once or twice a year when I'm in a hurry while being out shopping.

To hell with the sliders I'm Joansin big time for some of those jalapeno battered corn dogs. YUMO!!
I just hate to get all set up for deep fryin for a handfull of corn dogs.
ModelMaker

I did a White Castle twist on AB's sliders. Prior to cooking the patties, I slightly caramelized some minced onion with a bit of salt and pep for seasoning and spread them out evenly over the griddle. I poked three holes on each patty like WC with a straw and then laid them over the onions, placed the buns on top and steam cooked them. They were delicious.

sliders!

davebachelorpartymay07-041.jpg

:shock:

You got some sort of carbon deficiency there, Rick?

that light charring on the bun adds a certain depth of flavor profile to the regular frozen slider character that is herein before unknown to the north american carnivore!

*cough*

Im more of a big-honkin burger guy.....I usually make 3 burgers max out of a pound of ground beef.

yum-o

73/27 burger

Attachments

• sliders mini man burgers 002 [640x480].JPG
    sliders mini man burgers 002 [640x480].JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 58
  • sliders mini man burgers 009 [640x480].JPG
    sliders mini man burgers 009 [640x480].JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 59
  • sliders mini man burgers 013 [640x480].JPG
    sliders mini man burgers 013 [640x480].JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 59
beautiful!

all you need is about 5 drunks and a hooker and it'll be just like late night at sliderville! :biggrin:

sorry, going to my room now :icon_blush:

Back