New Backwoods Smoker in KC

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC_Bobby

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hello all, I recently stumbled across this forum.

I've been smoking off and on for about 5 years. The first couple as a social chairman on a friends BBQ team (I didn't have a clue what was going on, nor did I really try to learn) then the 3rd year I got a little more into it, helping with the rubs and injections and even being trusted to run to get the turn-in in on time. Then even got a little Brinkmann bullet to use in the driveway, then last year I upgraded and bought my neighbor's OK Joe for more room and what I thought was a better format - the horizonal flare up.

My brother (been smoking for a few years) and I now think it's time to start having some fun with this hobby and we are going to enter a few KCBS competitions this year - thus I thought it was time to purchase a smoker that provides what I consider a better usablity so the cooks can get some sleep. Also needed something with a little more space.

So I purchased a Backwoods and I'm liking it's results so far. Very moist and tasty results.

Anyway, I thought I'd say hello and give some thanks in advance for all the information I hope to gain here so I can become the master of my pit.

Lurker with a can of lighter fluid and bag of matchlight.
Sweat!

Don't I know you? Welcome Bobby. This is a great place.

Les

Welcome, grab a cold one and join the fray.

Glad you made it Bobby. I think I speak for all the brothers when I say we'd like to see pics of your Backwoods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back