Chicken Wing Fail.

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Made a nice little batch of chicken wings on the Kamado last night. Set-up with 1/2 defuser stone and let the wings smoke on the indirect side. Gotta phone call and was distracted for 30 minutes so this is what I had for dinner.

Not a bad trade-off all things considered. I wasn't lookin and things were really cookin!

What temp was the kamado that 1/2 hour made that big of a difference?

Nice sammie, BTW.

What temp was the kamado that 1/2 hour made that big of a difference?

Nice sammie, BTW.
When I went out to check the wings the temp was around 500 and climbing. Half the defuser was not enough protection, Flaring up like mad!

Just took a look around yer blog - very nice! Looking forward to digging in. :hungry:

CharredApron .... looks awesome to me!!!! don't know what those wings look like but me and Tyler would have loved to chew on them last night. We were at a paper mill working a shutdown and I had stopped at publix and got a loaf of bread, had some turkey and cheese cut at the deli so we could have something to eat. Well we got to the mill and forgot the ice so we were going to borrow some out of one of the day shift guys coolers . Well when we went to eat we realized our lunch went back to Alabama on the back of the mans truck. Of course Tyler said Dad!!! And I said Tyler!!!! Want happen tonight I can assure you of that

CharredApron .... looks awesome to me!!!! don't know what those wings look like but me and Tyler would have loved to chew on them last night. We were at a paper mill working a shutdown and I had stopped at publix and got a loaf of bread, had some turkey and cheese cut at the deli so we could have something to eat. Well we got to the mill and forgot the ice so we were going to borrow some out of one of the day shift guys coolers . Well when we went to eat we realized our lunch went back to Alabama on the back of the mans truck. Of course Tyler said Dad!!! And I said Tyler!!!! Want happen tonight I can assure you of that
:shock::cry::confused::rolleyes:

What no pictures of the FAIL. Come on. For us newbies it would make us feel better coming from a more experienced Pitmaster. I could start my own blog on just the fails I have created. LOL! By the way I also will be a follower of your blog.

What no pictures of the FAIL. Come on. For us newbies it would make us feel better coming from a more experienced Pitmaster. I could start my own blog on just the fails I have created. LOL! By the way I also will be a follower of your blog.
Sorry, the spoils went to my dogs and after pulling off some of the charred bits, I ate some too!

Back