Wampus's peach bean/ tenderloin twisted cooks choice entry

J

jmoney7269

I plan on doing a practice cook this week but I'm feelin pretty good about this turn In box. Here is the brine I decided to use
Roasted Pork Tenderloin
Yield: 4 to 5 servings
Time: 45 minutes, plus 8 hours or more for brining

1 cup hard apple cider, such as Woodchuck Amber or Granny Smith
3 tablespoons kosher salt
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1 star anise pod, or ½ teaspoon anise seed or fennel seed
½ teaspoon allspice berries
½ teaspoon black peppercorns
½ teaspoon coriander seeds
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
1 large or 2 small bay leaves
3 sprigs of fresh thyme, briefly rolled between hands to release oils
1 pork tenderloin, about 1 pound
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Combine the cider, salt, and brown sugar in a medium glass or stainless steel bowl with 2 cups lukewarm water. Whisk until the salt and sugar are completely dissolved.

2. Gently crush the cinnamon stick, star anise, allspice berries, peppercorns, coriander seeds, and mustard seeds with a mortar and pestle until fragrant and crumbly. (You can also put them in a Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin or the bottom of a heavy skillet, or you can pulse them 2 or 3 times in a spice grinder.) Add the spices to the brine, along with the bay leaves and thyme, and stir gently to distribute evenly.

3. Submerge the tenderloin in the brine, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight.

Gonna cook the tenderloin on the UDS with cherry and pecan smoke @ 350 till 145 internal. I'm going to ladle in some of wampus's beans and put the perfectly cooked tenderloin cascaded into the foil boat that my wife makes so perfectly for the turn in boxes. Going to squirt a balsamic vinegar reduction squiggle over the tenderloin.
If anyone of you comp folk have any ideas if its possible to improve this dish, please fire away.

I plan on doing a practice cook this week but I'm feelin pretty good about this turn In box. Here is the brine I decided to use
Roasted Pork Tenderloin
Yield: 4 to 5 servings
Time: 45 minutes, plus 8 hours or more for brining

1 cup hard apple cider, such as Woodchuck Amber or Granny Smith
3 tablespoons kosher salt
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1 star anise pod, or ½ teaspoon anise seed or fennel seed
½ teaspoon allspice berries
½ teaspoon black peppercorns
½ teaspoon coriander seeds
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
1 large or 2 small bay leaves
3 sprigs of fresh thyme, briefly rolled between hands to release oils
1 pork tenderloin, about 1 pound
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Combine the cider, salt, and brown sugar in a medium glass or stainless steel bowl with 2 cups lukewarm water. Whisk until the salt and sugar are completely dissolved.

2. Gently crush the cinnamon stick, star anise, allspice berries, peppercorns, coriander seeds, and mustard seeds with a mortar and pestle until fragrant and crumbly. (You can also put them in a Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin or the bottom of a heavy skillet, or you can pulse them 2 or 3 times in a spice grinder.) Add the spices to the brine, along with the bay leaves and thyme, and stir gently to distribute evenly.

3. Submerge the tenderloin in the brine, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight.

Gonna cook the tenderloin on the UDS with cherry and pecan smoke @ 350 till 145 internal. I'm going to ladle in some of wampus's beans and put the perfectly cooked tenderloin cascaded into the foil boat that my wife makes so perfectly for the turn in boxes. Going to squirt a balsamic vinegar reduction squiggle over the tenderloin.
If anyone of you comp folk have any ideas if its possible to improve this dish, please fire away.

When is the contest? I am curious to see how it worked out.

Back