• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hanging wings!! ...LOL...

Carbon

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hanging 20 wings on a length of expanded metal in my mini UDS was just an experiment. Each wing tip was inserted in the expended metal.
I think I'll just stick with my kettle when doing wings....less time and hassle....LOL.

The wings actually came out pretty good with very even cooking, top to bottom, so no complaints there....:)

P1070051_zps1e4f4df5.jpg

P1070057_zps357edc85.jpg

P1070060_zps4c73eab0.jpg

Interesting idea, I get the hassle part though.
It may be worth it if you had to do a lot more in one cooker and wanted them all done at the same time?
They look great.:thumb:

Nice thinking, I can see where the volume argument might prevail on some cooks.

Seems like a lot of work for little meat, but they sure do look good, and definitely look worth the effort at least this one time!:thumb::hungry:

It actually seems to me that it would be less or the same amount of work than using the grate because there is no flipping involved with hanging.

So the question is... Using multiple grates, how many wings can you fit in there?

If I had that 16 gallon drum body set up for grates I'm sure I'll be able to fit as many, if not more wings, with wing tips removed? Like I mentioned in my opening post I would rather do wings on my large kettle.

That 16 gallon drum with the bottom cut out sits on a Smokey Joe and is set up with a single threaded rod for hanging. I can easily hang 4, maybe 5, racks of ribs in it and runs on just short of a chimney-full of briquettes.

Back