MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
Subzerogriller
Full Fledged Farker

Default A little Bit of Lunch (w/ Pr0n)

I've been in a funk for the last couple months...haven't been on the forum, haven't fired up the grill more than once or twice since Thanksgiving...so today I'm rectifying that. Grilling for lunch, and dinner will be my entry into Gore's Nouveau TD (not even sure I spelled that right). I wanted burgers for lunch, but decided to pamper myself a bit, so I fried up a little bacon while things were cooking. I don't have a lot of pics (it's just a little bit of lunch, as we say here in MN), but here you go:

1/4 lb. patties, dusted with 3 Little Pigs All Purpose KC BBQ rub, beginning a reverse sear over some KBB and 2 small chunks of cherry...

And the finished product. Didn't have any sides in the house, so I figured a barley soda from my favorite local brewery would suffice...

It feels good to be back doing something I love. Thanks for looking!
[COLOR=Blue][B]Proud to be supporting our troops: Limited Edition Supahfast Thermapen with US Flag[/B][/COLOR]
[FONT=Century Gothic]Joined my first TD, and dove headfirst into the [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/group.php?groupid=39"]Zero's Club.[/URL]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=Red]Come [/COLOR][SIZE=2][COLOR=Red]to the Dark Side![/COLOR] [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][SIZE=2]Join a Throwdown![/SIZE][/URL][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B]
[/FONT][/SIZE]

Last edited by Subzerogriller; 01-15-2013 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: Edited because I got photobucket figured out again.
Subzerogriller is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 01-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #2
Garrett
Babbling Farker

That's a good way to knock off the rust. That's a good looking burger right there!

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
Oldbob
is One Chatty Farker

That is a Great Lookin Burger....Good Job !!
Weber Gasser Genesis Silver A
Pit Barrel Cooker
Maverick ET-732
VietNam Veteran US Navy
May you Sleep in Peace always...and Please....Thank a Veteran for That Privilege!!
Oldbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #4
basuraman
Full Fledged Farker

hmm..maybe I should bring a bbq to the office.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #5
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

That's my kind of lunch. Which unfortunately, I don't eat very often. Good lookin' burger!

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #6
Bluesman
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jon

Nice comeback, nice lunch...........you got time for lunch
2010 Brick Red Touch n' Go Performer
Kitchen stove
Bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #7
boltsfan
Got Wood.

Mmmmm... Burger. Looks great.
boltsfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #8
Militant83
is one Smokin' Farker

Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #9
Freddy j
is one Smokin' Farker

Awesome!
Freddy j is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #10
thompson238
Got Wood.

That looks tasty!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Old 01-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #11
Subzerogriller
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks guys. One of the few benefits to working retail is you get weekdays off pretty often. Sucks having to work the weekends, but it's nice to just have a quiet day at home, like today. No wife, no kid...just me, the grill, and a few cold beverages.
[COLOR=Blue][B]Proud to be supporting our troops: Limited Edition Supahfast Thermapen with US Flag[/B][/COLOR]
[FONT=Century Gothic]Joined my first TD, and dove headfirst into the [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/group.php?groupid=39"]Zero's Club.[/URL]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=Red]Come [/COLOR][SIZE=2][COLOR=Red]to the Dark Side![/COLOR] [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][SIZE=2]Join a Throwdown![/SIZE][/URL][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B]
[/FONT][/SIZE]
Subzerogriller is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #12
tyotrain
is one Smokin' Farker

Great looking grub. Nice job

Have fun and happy smoking
BBQ UP