Lost my ABT virginity!

chriscw81

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I finally made some ABT's. Man, are these babies amazing?!?! Made some stuffed with Italian sausage and cream cheese yesterday and today we replaced the Italian sausage with chorizo. I even added some smoked cheddar and gouda too. Can't wait to make more next weekend. Adding SM Spicy Apple sent them over the top!!

ytupagy5.jpg

y9atydas.jpg

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Good for you Chris! Bet that chorizo rocked.

I'll be making some for next weekend myself. I stuff them with chopped string cheese and chopped dried cherries.

Good for you Chris! Bet that chorizo rocked.

I'll be making some for next weekend myself. I stuff them with chopped string cheese and chopped dried cherries.

string cheese sounds good too!! the best part about these babies is that you can make them a million different ways.......and never get tired of them!!! next time i may try putting lil' smokies in them, or chicken.......or shrimp or............you get the point!!!!!!!! :grin: :thumb:

string cheese sounds good too!! the best part about these babies is that you can make them a million different ways.......and never get tired of them!!! next time i may try putting lil' smokies in them, or chicken.......or shrimp or............you get the point!!!!!!!! :grin: :thumb:

There are limitless possibilities and absolutely fantastic!!!

thanks everyone. yesterday i did them at about 250-275 for about 1.5 hours. today i did them(at a friends house) for about an hour and a half on my 22.5 OTG with an indirect setup. i'm guessing the temp was around 250-325 without using a thermometer. personally i think ABT's can be cooked direct/indirect at lots of different temps and be great as long as you pay attention.

Thanks for looking,

chris

Back