MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
Muzzlebrake
Babbling Farker

Default OBR Operation NY/NJ needs help

Operation BBQ Relief will be up and running possibly as early as tonight in Forked River NJ and by weeks end in lower Manhattan. Anyone interested in volunteering or donating either cash or supplies please sign up on the OBR website or Facebook

If you have trouble making contact, please get ahold of me either here or email me [email protected]

"What sort of people are these charcoal masters? They behaved badly and were unconcerned with appearances. Their hair was long and unkempt and their clothes were wrinkled and old. They drank beer to and from the crab house and they made rude noises while we cooked." Tao of Charcoal
Muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 10-31-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
Mrfish
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Ron

Hey, have pit will travel. Dozen of Butts make a whole bunch of Sandwiches!
Mrfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 11-01-2012, 06:02 AM   #3
Invicta Q
Knows what a fatty is.

When I went to the Royal it appeared that OBR was all talk, but it seems that they have action to back it up. Well done guys and girls.
Invicta Q
Invicta Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-2012, 06:38 AM   #4
Bigdog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invicta Q View Post
When I went to the Royal it appeared that OBR was all talk, but it seems that they have action to back it up. Well done guys and girls.
Invicta Q
Not sure how you got that impression. This group is all action. No corporation, no hidden agendas, and no bs. Just 3 guys that saw a need in Joplin Missouri and decided to do a courageous thing and a bunch of other great folks jumped in.
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-2012, 07:11 AM   #5
Invicta Q
Knows what a fatty is.

Big Dog, I hope that you don't mind but I have placed a post on the BBBQS forum to get the British Q fans to find out the good work you do.http://www.bbbqs.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2833

Invicta Q

Old 11-01-2012, 07:29 AM   #6
Dr_KY
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invicta Q View Post
Invicta Q
OBR is pure class and selfless. There is a bit of talk about getting something similar going here in the UK. Not affiliated but a BBQ way to help serve to the standards of OBR.

Slappin that bass like some delerious funky preist!!!

UDS, Half Pint (Mini UDS), Weber, ProQ 20, Kegrilla
*250 gallon cooker- 'The Meat Beast!!'*

British BBQ Championships
Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
British BBQ Society - Southern Championship
Grand Champions 2009
Dr_KY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-2012, 07:48 AM   #7
Invicta Q
Knows what a fatty is.

Let me know fella as I'll be up for it.
Invicta Q

Old 11-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #8
aawa
Babbling Farker

I want to say thank you to OBR for being so selfless and giving in a time when people are in need.

As a person that has been through several hurricanes where power has been lost for weeks on end, I can honestly say that a home cooked meal is greatly appreciated when almost all of your meals come out of a can.

When pay day comes around I'll make sure to try to do my part and donate to you guys!

Old 11-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #9
QansasjayhawQ
is One Chatty Farker

Hey everyone - just wanted to let you know that Jeff posted an update for OBR - they need some help!

http://www.operationbbqrelief.org

http://www.facebook.com/OperationBBQRelief

From Jeff: "Folks, there are already millions without power, thousands of homes flooded out and at least five deaths already reported from Hurricane Sandy slamming ashore and Operation BBQ Relief is ready to mobilize again to provide hot meals to people in need. We fed over 60,000 meals after Hurricane Isaac. This time, as many as 60 million people may be effected! We really need your help! We are a 501c3 not-for-profit and as a co-founder, I can assure you that 100&#37; of your donations for this disaster will go towards disaster relief... 100%! We anticipate needing an additional $15,000 over current funds. Can YOU help? Every bit helps! Go to our website at www.OperationBBQRelief.org to donate. Regardless of the default amount, you can change to whatever you can contribute, bigger or smaller! Please help us with your tax deductible contribution tonight! Questions? Just ask me! Thank you so much!"

Can you pitch in $3?

If each one of the people who frequent this forum home of ours would pitch in just $3 . . . wow.
http://www.moocowbbq.com/
Two Weber 22.5" kettles One Brinkmann Smoke'N PitMaster Deluxe One LARGE WSM! (special black glossy finish) w/Stoker! WooHoo! KCBS Member/KCBS Master CBJ #24295
Sweaty, smokey and enjoying every minute.

Last edited by QansasjayhawQ; 11-01-2012 at 10:48 AM.. Reason: Added bold so the message will stand out better.
QansasjayhawQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #10
aawa
Babbling Farker

From my short time here on BBQ Brethern, I have noticed how benevolent this community is. I am sure that the Brethern will come together to help OBR raise funds to assist those effected by Hurricane Sandy!

Old 11-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #11
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

im out of touch guys.. no phone, power, cable, internet, heat, occasional texts blast come thru in spurts. Will try to keep in touch but if details get worked out, someone text me and I will do my best to get down to Manhattan. got this in thru a mobile hotspot i found.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #12
Garyclaw
Babbling Farker

Payment sent.

Good Luck Guys and be safe!

Big BarBChef built in to the Outdoor Kitchen, 2 Weber kettles, 1 UDS, Little Chief Electric, 2 Propane Fish Cookers/Turkey Fryers,
a swinging grate over my [COLOR=red]Fire pit,[/COLOR][COLOR=black] Big Pig Cooker, SJS, Big Easy Oil Less. Blackstone Pizza Oven[/COLOR]

"Nice talkin' to ya" :yo:
Garyclaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #13
Ackman
Full Fledged Farker

Be careful guys....there like no gas in this area.

Sending a donation
WSM 18"
CookShack SM025
Lang 36
BWS Extended Party
Humphrey's Battle Box and matching Pint
Ackman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #14
Garyclaw
Babbling Farker

Bump!!

Big BarBChef built in to the Outdoor Kitchen, 2 Weber kettles, 1 UDS, Little Chief Electric, 2 Propane Fish Cookers/Turkey Fryers,
a swinging grate over my [COLOR=red]Fire pit,[/COLOR][COLOR=black] Big Pig Cooker, SJS, Big Easy Oil Less. Blackstone Pizza Oven[/COLOR]

"Nice talkin' to ya" :yo:
Garyclaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #15
McQ
Got rid of the matchlight.

My donation is in, Good Luck and be careful.

Mike