MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:34 AM   #16
Q-Dat
Babbling Farker

Question for the folks that are liking the Prairie Fresh.

Do you guys not have the same trouble with the bones being cut too short on them? All of the ones that I have used or just looked at in the case are very short. So short that you could actually place two seperate rows in a box if you wanted to. And this is definitely not my imagination or isolated instances. I look at them quite often, and they have short bones every time. Every.....single.....time!
Q-Dat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2012, 07:43 AM   #17
Pack-A-Smokes
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-Dat View Post
Question for the folks that are liking the Prairie Fresh.

Do you guys not have the same trouble with the bones being cut too short on them? All of the ones that I have used or just looked at in the case are very short. So short that you could actually place two seperate rows in a box if you wanted to. And this is definitely not my imagination or isolated instances. I look at them quite often, and they have short bones every time. Every.....single.....time!
What few Prairie Fresh I have used, I did notice some racks that looked cut short. That being said, I would rather have ribs cut a bit short than to have something that looked like it has already been chewed up.
'There are two pains in life. There is the pain of discipline and the pain of disappointment. If you can handle the pain of discipline, then you'll never have to deal with the pain of disappointment,'- Nick Saban
Pack-A-Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-18-2012, 11:48 PM   #18
dhuffjr
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckscent View Post
Real stupid question.... What does IBP mean...
I'm bullet proof...... holy crap those cryo's for IBP are thick and tough. Toughest cryobag I've encountered.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:06 AM   #19
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Smithfields really are bad, and I agree that almost every three pack I have bought, the middle rack is mangled or has a unfortunate slice, I consider it dishonest on their part. I think they package them that way to sell miscuts at full price. For me, Farmer John's are in the same boat, terrible product.

I do like Excel and Prairie Fresh when I see them.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2012, 01:20 AM   #20
Q-Dat
Babbling Farker

Save A Lot here sells Excel ribs. They are next on my list to try.
Q-Dat is offline   Reply With Quote