THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any particular cuisines or $$$ ranges you're looking for? Trying to stay in SF if possible?

I'd think SmokeJumper & Landarc would have some great suggestions for you.

Any idea on what night you might head over to Phat Matt's (closed Mon & Tues)? If you're willing to be seen in public with us, maybe some of us local Brethren can head over to meet up with you for a micro or mini bash. :heh:

Thanks John, I'm hoping a micro-bash is in the works. I told Landarc and Smokejumper I'm coming, but that was a couple months ago and I'm sure they've marked it on their calendars. :heh: Some colleagues of mine have a dinner planned for Thursday, so Wednesday evening at Matt's. I'll be the one who looks like a squirrel. :thumb:

Then it is on, I don't know if Rob is going to be in town, suffering as he is in paradise again. But, will go ahead and fire off missives to Charlotte and Matt that you and I and whoever else we can get will be there Weds. How does that sound Gore?

Okay, you are at the Moscone Center, do you want lunch places or just dinner places? There are a variety of places, endless really, around that area. Cost is, of course, an issue.

For dine dining, you are within an easy walk to:
Prospect-amazing preparations
Boulevard-old guard super fine dining
Epic Roasthouse-bay side steak
Waterbar-bay side seafood
Lafitte-love this place
Slanter Door-excellent Americaniuzed Vietnamese
Woodfare Tavern-Tyler Florences S.F. restaurant is excellent

For more casual:
Ferry Plaza Market has several good places worth checking out, I love Gott's Roadside Tray Gourmet, Boccalone for charceuterie, and Marketbar for S.F. foodie type food.
Mission Chinese Food-of course is outstanding
Tony's Napoletano Pizzeria-pizza, recently won as best Napoletano pizza in America
Delphina Pizzeria-pizza, very good, a City standby with a dough charactersitic to S.F.

I can go on uselessly, what you looking to eat?

Wow, thanks Bob. The only real question is what time on Wednesday?

Going out, I generally look for good local dives or something different. I'm not fussy at all, but I don't get better food than what I get at home, so I'm usually looking for something local or with a twist. Definitely, I'd be leaning toward the casual side, but I will have one dinner with colleagues on Thursday and such people usually want something on the nicer side.

When can you get there? Are you driving? I think Rob will be back, so there may be the ability to hitch a ride in his rocket sled. Let me think about local dives and such, there are a bunch of course.

I will coordinate with Matt and Char, I would bet around 6pm, maybe 6:30pm. There is local transport via BART from the City to Oakland, that can work. One of use can pick you up at the correct station and haul you to PM.

Okay, you are at the Moscone Center, do you want lunch places or just dinner places? There are a variety of places, endless really, around that area. Cost is, of course, an issue.

For dine dining, you are within an easy walk to:
Prospect-amazing preparations
Boulevard-old guard super fine dining
Epic Roasthouse-bay side steak
Waterbar-bay side seafood
Lafitte-love this place
Slanter Door-excellent Americaniuzed Vietnamese
Woodfare Tavern-Tyler Florences S.F. restaurant is excellent

For more casual:
Ferry Plaza Market has several good places worth checking out, I love Gott's Roadside Tray Gourmet, Boccalone for charceuterie, and Marketbar for S.F. foodie type food.
Mission Chinese Food-of course is outstanding
Tony's Napoletano Pizzeria-pizza, recently won as best Napoletano pizza in America
Delphina Pizzeria-pizza, very good, a City standby with a dough charactersitic to S.F.

I can go on uselessly, what you looking to eat?

Boccalone is Chris Cosentino's place. I've seen it on TV, and the charcuterie looked fantastic.

CD

Back