Lobster Tacos

bluetang

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Apparently someone owed Donna big, she came home from the dive shop with them and gave them to me:grin:. She'll eat them, but doesn't really care one way or the other. Oh darn! They were pretty big tails! I grilled them on Homey and pulled them off very rare.
tort1.jpg
tort2.jpg
tort3.jpg
tort4.jpg

I chilled them down overnight (Well, after a healthy sampling:biggrin1:)

I made up a pico de gallo using tomato, avocado, jalapeno, cilantro, onion, Tabasco, salt, black pepper, and key lime juice.
tort7.jpg

The bugs
tort8.jpg

I sauteed some sweet onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, cayenne, and salt in evoo. The lobster meat was added, after the onions were soft, just until hot.
tort10.jpg

I took flour tortillas into a CI skillet and melted queso and cheddar cheeses on them. Once melted, I wrapped a hard corn tortilla with the cheesy flour tortilla.
tort14.jpg

tort15.jpg

The tacos were first layered with the pico de gallo, followed with a generous helping of the succulent white and orange lobster. Served with sour cream, chilled lettuce, and thin slices of red onion. Twas really nice. I hope who ever owed her isn't paid up yet! Thanks for looking.
tort13.jpg

Doing a little campaigning? :wink:

Those made my short list, too. So much food, so little votes. :laugh:

CD

Oh yeah, those look like drool material right there! I LOVED the flour tortilla with melted cheese wrapped over a taco shell, YUM! And stuffed with lobster, oh man!

Man those look fantastic. I need to get lobster into my life - it just isn't something that occurs to me often but I love it. Thanks for the awesome pron and inspiration.

Now...you do a little sausage making, right? See where I'm going with this? :becky:

I can't believe I didn't get a call...though it explains why you weren't answering your phone....

Those look heart-breakingly tasty...I'd better not tell my wife you didn't call on this one... :p

I can't believe I didn't get a call...though it explains why you weren't answering your phone....

Those look heart-breakingly tasty...I'd better not tell my wife you didn't call on this one... :p
Yeah, please don't, we'll both have our nerts is a wringer, me because I deserve it, and you by proxy:becky:

I love seeing how you cut those tails. How long were they on the grill..I know it couldn't have been long. Did you add any butter before the flip. Do share any grilling secrets for those babies.

I love seeing how you cut those tails. How long were they on the grill..I know it couldn't have been long. Did you add any butter before the flip. Do share any grilling secrets for those babies.
I really don't time them. I've cooked tails the same size that cook totally different from each other. I generally start meat down and finish shell down. Usually hit the meat then(when meat is up) with butter. I do cheat in that I peak with a small knife to see the doneness, I pull when there is still a bit of translucency. Let 'em rest and griz.

Out of this world!

Wish we could get FRESH seafood up here- you are lucky, brother. Nice job on those tacos, they look delicious! :thumb:

Back