MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
GC8
On the road to being a farker

Default Sam Adams Weber

I've been eyeing this up at the local beer store and today I asked what they do with all their seasonal promotional props once the season passed. She told me that if it doesn't get taken back by the provider, then they have a silent auction for a local charity.

What would you guys pay for this? Is it worth anything more than the grill it is?

GC8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #2
Crajoh71
Found some matches.

I would think its worth the same amount as the regular grill. Unless you are a Sam Adams nut then its problly worth a little more.
Crajoh71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crajoh71 View Post
I would think its worth the same amount as the regular grill. Unless you are a Sam Adams nut then its problly worth a little more.
^ +1 I agree, it's a novelty item, no real demand for them...
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
harris92
Full Fledged Farker

Actually, the Sam Adam's 18.5" Copper is a unique grill. A nice piece. The copper color makes it worth more as this color is no longer manufactured. I have seen them go for the $125.00 range on Ebay. Now if it also has the custom Sam Adam's grate that makes it worth even more.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #5
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

There is a new one here on CL that is either Black or Dark Blue with the special grate (I think is cool) going for $80. I've been tempted but it would only be a looker for me I suspect.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #6
Fishawn
is one Smokin' Farker

Personally, I really like the Copper color..... I found one a couple years back on CL locally, listed as...... Gold coal grill..... Or something like that...... It was a 22.5" that was a year old with only a couple dings..... I gave it to my good friend I was getting into kettle cooking & he has it at his cabin & he sends me pics every time he fires it up.... Kinda wish I would have kept it in a way, but he just loves it & uses it often, so I don't feel so bad .... I also think I had a Blue 18.5" Sam Adams (or some other beer maker) a while back & gave that one away also..... The Copper is pretty cool IMO.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:56 PM   #7
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Two summers back, Target sold coper 22.5 OTS grills. They retailed for the same as a black unit anywhere else. I don't know how that worked out for Target.

I have a copper SJG I bought for 15 bucks on CL. It is a cool color, but it isn't going to make me rich as a collector's item.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #8
Smoothsmoke
Babbling Farker

$60 tops for me.
A bunch of Webers
Smoothsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #9
GC8

I don't believe it had the Sam Adam's grill grate...unless they've stashed that in the back or something. I'll keep my eyes peeled this Fall for the silent auction and see if my interest is still piqued.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:53 PM   #10
Tsevg9

Looks very neat, would make a great addition to a Sam Adam's collection. My local Shnucks had one that was Bud Light themed. I wanted it!

Old 07-07-2013, 06:21 AM   #11
DubfromGA
is One Chatty Farker

I'm a fan of a couple of their offerings !

Old 07-07-2013, 08:13 AM   #12
madmike
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Mike

Beer and BBQ, two of my favorite things. Its for charity too. Worth getting? Oh yeah.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #13
GC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubfromGA View Post

I'm a fan of a couple of their offerings !
That mug looks incredible

Old 07-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #14
stl-rich
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsevg9 View Post
Looks very neat, would make a great addition to a Sam Adam's collection. My local Shnucks had one that was Bud Light themed. I wanted it!
What color is it? Will the color make up for the brand of beer? Which Schnucks is it?
stl-rich is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #15
Smoothsmoke
Babbling Farker

I grabbed this one for $30 a few years ago.

A bunch of Webers
Smoothsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote