• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

mac-n-cheese

landarc

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I spent the day tearing up a portion of my yard. For the first time in 4 years, I am planting a tomato and pepper garden. Largely, the lay off was due to physical issues. But, a little at a time, I will get it done. And today's reward...

macncheez_zpsa9eb4f8d.jpg

Three cheese macaroni and cheese. I did it in the oven, as lighting the pit wasn't going to happen after the tilling. Still, I do not believe this will suck. Now, beer...

I've been having issues with mac and cheese lately, I can't find one that I like. I have to say, I'd hit yours Bob. Looks excellent! :thumb:

Nice! Goes really good with Salmon you know. :wink:

Nothing goes well with salmon

Your stuff never sucks landarc. It looks terrific. :thumb:

Thanks, I wanted jalapenos in it, but, forgot to buy them

I've been having issues with mac and cheese lately, I can't find one that I like. I have to say, I'd hit yours Bob. Looks excellent! :thumb:

I have a hard time finding some that I don't like. You'll live longer

Looks great, Bob. What else is in it besides the three cheeses?

I made it with gluten free macaroni, and a basic white sauce that was loaded up with cheddar, muenster and gouda cheese. Some Dave and Barney's seasoning, two bunches of chopped scallions and a bunch of Italian parsley, and 1/2 of a yellow onion, minced. Then, that was sauteed down in the roux prior to making the white sauce. Mixed it all together and into the oven for 30 minutes at 400F. Total amounts...1 pound of uncooked pasta, 1 pint of milk, 3 tablespoons of butter and flour.

I made it with gluten free macaroni, and a basic white sauce that was loaded up with cheddar, muenster and gouda cheese. Some Dave and Barney's seasoning, two bunches of chopped scallions and a bunch of Italian parsley, and 1/2 of a yellow onion, minced. Then, that was sauteed down in the roux prior to making the white sauce. Mixed it all together and into the oven for 30 minutes at 400F. Total amounts...1 pound of uncooked pasta, 1 pint of milk, 3 tablespoons of butter and flour.

You lost me at onions my friend.:tsk:

But I think we can agree that Mac & cheese is the bomb, anytime, anywhere.

Thanks for sharing Bob.

Dave

I mince the onions up quite fine and cook them down in the roux, they are not texturally detectable and the flavor is quite smooth and integrated. That being said, if you hate onions, they are there.

I mince the onions up quite fine and cook them down in the roux, they are not texturally detectable and the flavor is quite smooth and integrated. That being said, if you hate onions, they are there.

I liken this to Ketchup.

I know the onion powder is there, but I can't taste onion, so it's good to me.

Mmmmm.............ketchup.

Dave

Man I'd hit that hard. Then I'd hit it again. And then one more time. Then have it for breakfast.

That looks great. I love a good mac and cheese but the last time I did one it was pretty bad....

Back