MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
Found some matches.

Default BBQ at Markets - Timing?

Hi,

I've got an opportunity to sell my BBQ at a local market. Basic stuff like Brisket, Pulled Pork, Ribs & Sausage.

The problem is set up is from 6am, and i'd need to be smoking overnight to pull it off. What would be the best solution for this? I'm thinking of keeping the briskets wrapped and in coolers, same with the pork but ribs i'm not sure about resting, as I wouldn't usually.

I could smoke the sausages and some of the meat on a smoker there from 6am but i'm wondering if any of ya'll run the same kinds of business and how you organise it?

Thanks for any help
666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
HeSmellsLikeSmoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

What time do you want to start serving?

Cooking very hot and fast might solve your problem if you can live with staggered finishing times. The sausage and ribs can be done in plenty of time, butts next and briskets last.

Large and Medium Big Green Eggs , Black 18.5" WSM, Blue Weber Performer - Stainless, Green Weber OTG Kettle , Brinkmann SnP Pro, and a Stainless UDS. One retired Portable Kitchen grill.

Red Thermapen, Maverick ET-732, EdgePro Apex Sharpener.

Avatar is the original 1951 Weber Kettle
HeSmellsLikeSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #3
Found some matches.

Well I want to do them all with an offset stickburner, serving by 11am, and just serving home made Bacon sandwiches till then. With an arrival and set up at 6am, i'd be looking at having the bbq ready to go by 7am which leaves 4 hours.

The initial bbq i'll be using isn't that big, but if it goes well i've got a much bigger trailer upgrade in the wings.

I haven't experimented with hot & fast bbqing as i've always favored slow & low, but i'm willing to start trying it out.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
little bit of r & r
Knows what a fatty is.

Time to experiment with hot n fast cooking for masses and selling is different you work with the situation you have personally I would cook brisket and butts ahead and reheat or just cook ribs and sausage that way you can cook that day
little bit of r & r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
BBQ Bandit
Babbling Farker

Here in the states... most fall under local ordinances.

Please check with your local food authority... if you are transporting hot food from point A to point B.
Some localities will require point A be a certified kitchen as a starting point.
Insurance, license, tax ID?

Former smokers;
Lang 84 Deluxe kitchen, Lang 60 Mobile - The Damsel II, Lang 48 Patio - The Damsel, Bubba Keg Grill - RIP, Double Barrel Smoker and a BSKD
BBQ Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:08 AM   #6
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

if you want to pull your meat in front of everyone use the cooler method...butts and briskets wrapped will keep smoking hot for several hours...or cook ahead of time and reheat in the smoker..
Old 03-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #7
Bbq Bubba
somebody shut me the fark up.

Cook ahead. Reheat and serve. Dont forget your HD inspection?
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote