Pappy's Smokehouse in St Louis

wheels61

Full Fledged Farker
had to go and get the kids car at SLU and thought, hey lets hit Pappy's. so we walk over, its just a few blocks away. got there at about 10:30 and had a great conversation with Skip Steele. what a nice guy. he lets us in and we just shoot the breeze about bbq. he told us he will be competeing in the murphysboro contest, we said us too. i know he is a heck of a cook. it wasn't long after the people come rolling in. we had pulled pork, ribs and baked potato that was stuffed with bbq. it was all great. then Skip brought us out some brisket, it was very good also. all in all, its a great bbq experience. just what i like in a bbq joint, laid back atmosphere, very good and friendly service and most of all great food. very resonable priced. i would highly recommend this place to anyone in the area. told the wife in three days i have had the pleasure of talking to bbq greats, Mike Mills and Skip Steele one on one for a couple of hours. hopefully the car will be fixed in a day or two and we will be back at Pappy's for lunch again and this time i won't forget my camera.

you must be a snob if you didn't like that Q. granted someone with bbq experience can cook some bbq better than most commercial joints but when dealing with the volume they are its just not feasible to cook like you would at home or in a comp. i rarely think bbq restaurants are as good as mine but i like to eat out and enjoy the experience once in a while. you stated you didn't care for it once in your thread, there is no need to come on here and bad mouth them again. we thought it was great place with really good Q.

Check out my comment in my original Post "Good to hear they have good days too." I would like to think I just hit them on a bad day.

you must be a snob if you didn't like that Q. granted someone with bbq experience can cook some bbq better than most commercial joints but when dealing with the volume they are its just not feasible to cook like you would at home or in a comp. i rarely think bbq restaurants are as good as mine but i like to eat out and enjoy the experience once in a while. you stated you didn't care for it once in your thread, there is no need to come on here and bad mouth them again. we thought it was great place with really good Q.

Back