MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:47 PM   #481
zombie barbecue2
Knows what a fatty is.

I like the site and I use it. The one thing I don't like is the line beneath your avitar that says your looking for wood, or knows what a match is. It's a bit of an insult. I pay to be on here. I have my own wood and I am not looking. If you want to rate someone on how much they comment, Put a counter up that is easier and doesn't insult a person just because they may sit back and not comment even though they are paying the subscription.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #482
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie barbecue2 View Post
I like the site and I use it. The one thing I don't like is the line beneath your avitar that says your looking for wood, or knows what a match is. It's a bit of an insult. I pay to be on here. I have my own wood and I am not looking. If you want to rate someone on how much they comment, Put a counter up that is easier and doesn't insult a person just because they may sit back and not comment even though they are paying the subscription.
We eliminated the counters long ago. Counters cause post pumping and counter wars and encourages useless posting just to increase the counts. The ranks were put in place by the founding members in the early days of the forum to have some fun and to decrease the post pumping which was becoming rampant. Post count contests were constantly cropping up and the forum was getting cluttered with useless posts.

We use ranks instead of counters. The ranks advance and the titles change as you journey thru our culture, as explained here.

No one pays to be here. The forum is free so you can be here without paying. The subscriptions are voluntary, are very much appreciated and help to support the costs and overhead. If the titles, which are supposed to be amusing, offend you, and you consider the subscription purchase 'paying to be here' I will gladly refund your $25.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2012, 02:46 AM   #483
zombie barbecue2
Knows what a fatty is.

I checked the link and see what you are talking about. I didn't realize it was supposed to be funny.

thanks,

Old 02-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #484
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

I remember the ole "looking for wood" days. I would guess by now mine should probably be "Go Fark Yourself, Bob!" Or "Please Shut the Fark Up Already!"

Bob
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #485
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie barbecue2 View Post
in my younger days, I use to hang around the beach bars, I also had the wood....and nobody here could insult me cause I am here because it is good, informative and helpfull to others...if I dont want to read or be part of something..then I dont! I would take my charcoal and play in another box..as my wood has been reduced to charcaol.. anybody have a match?

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #486
BBQchef33

Np. ;)

Heres something else I forgot to point out regarding why we ditched the counters. They can give a newer member an inaccurate sense of someones ability.

Scenario:
A chatty member who is new to the craft can have a post count in the thousands from asking alot of questions and bantering among us

A seasoned expert who visits occasionally and primarily cruises thri threads looking where he can offer his expertise, and rarely engages on banter or chitchat may have a post count in the hundreds. Bit those posts are all helpful and dead on accurate.

Now, enter stage right new member Joe baggo-donuts. Joe asks a question and member A answers to the best of his ability based on his limited experience but his answer is off.

Member B, the expert answers and he is dead on.

Joe Baggy-donuts looks at the 2 answers and has to decide which is more credible. Which person would 'appear' to have more experience? The one with 2000 posts or the one with 300?

Cryptic goofy ranks wont help with that decision and joe needs to do more research or experiment with both.

Sent from my Droidx using tapatalk and thats probably why the typing is worse than usual.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 02-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #487
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

yep...BBQ Chef you are right some guys just want to bah--bajh--bahh--bah..and the advice is off base and it usally gets corrected by some one..not just bah--bah=bah--

Old 02-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #488
BBQchef33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellyBBQ View Post
yep...BBQ Chef you are right some guys just want to bah--bajh--bahh--bah..and the advice is off base and it usally gets corrected by some one..not just bah--bah=bah--
Nahhhh..... not here .....never...us? Chatter? Hijack? Nope never seen it.

Sent from my Droidx using tapatalk and thats probably why the typing is worse than usual.

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 02-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #489
mtbchip
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Chip

Best site EVER for BBQ talk and info.
mtbchip is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #490
LMAJ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Just re-upped.
1 Large BGE and table - 8/29/12
1300 Timberline 5/26/17
1 18.5 WSM
Super Fast BLUE and REDThermopen
1 - Fantastic hubby - the original Big Al
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. - Robert Brault
LMAJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #491
ExhaustedSpark
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
Np. ;)

Heres something else I forgot to point out regarding why we ditched the counters. They can give a newer member an inaccurate sense of someones ability.

Scenario:
A chatty member who is new to the craft can have a post count in the thousands from asking alot of questions and bantering among us

A seasoned expert who visits occasionally and primarily cruises thri threads looking where he can offer his expertise, and rarely engages on banter or chitchat may have a post count in the hundreds. Bit those posts are all helpful and dead on accurate.

Now, enter stage right new member Joe baggo-donuts. Joe asks a question and member A answers to the best of his ability based on his limited experience but his answer is off.

Member B, the expert answers and he is dead on.

Joe Baggy-donuts looks at the 2 answers and has to decide which is more credible. Which person would 'appear' to have more experience? The one with 2000 posts or the one with 300?

Cryptic goofy ranks wont help with that decision and joe needs to do more research or experiment with both.

One must be cautious as i have been where i was Joe FNG.
Member B was way off. This was and is to this day still going on. Member is the expert and is never wrong. I was told to confirm my info which i did and posted a link to the USDA showing the correct info and member just said They were under paid GOV employs and did not know what they were talking about. My advice is of course you must have someone you can trust for info but follow through and Study to show thyself approved.
This problem was and is not on this forum.
God bless BBQ Bretheren and God Bless the USA
Karl
ExhaustedSpark is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #492
Chewtoy
Found some matches.

A new member, but so far, I like the site just fine!
Chewtoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #493
mtpar
Got rid of the matchlight.

Default Donations

I'm a newbee to the site.

I was a lurker but signed up to help contribute and learn about my favorite hobby. BBQ

I would gladly contribute to the ongoing maintenance of this site.

MTPAR
mtpar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #494
mallorjc
On the road to being a farker

Alls I know is that I'm a newbie here. Haven"t seen matchlight for several decades and don't need matches. If you care about this crap, grow up, please. A newbie is a newbie. I've got years on most of you, have ruined more meat than most, bested you a couple of times, and enjoyed myself immensly, and can learn from you all. Enjoy this place. I saw it today and paid. This has value!

By the way, on the other topic, the USDA does not have value, your butcher does! Grading is useless from any value or health aspects. Know your butcher. Everything else we do here is sedcondary!

Old 03-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #495
captndan
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I surf about 10 sites every morning over coffee. That's my routine. BBQ Brethren is on the bottom of the favorites. After reading about world troubles broken hearts and tractors I land here. Seems to clear the air. Real people with real opinions and questions and are not running for office. A forum for every topic. No more O/T about your brothers boil. Nuff said. Next stop pay-pal.
captndan is offline   Reply With Quote