BBQ Brethren "Summer of SPAM" Throwdown!

Do you like SPAM?

• I DON'T LIKE SPAM!!!

Votes: 30 28.0%
  • I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!

Votes: 58 54.2%
  • As long as it doesn't have very much SPAM in it.

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • Lemon Curry?

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
In honor of Meat Burner's already legendary "Great SPAM Revelation of 2011", and also to recognize some of the really impressive recent SPAM creations inspired by this event, and because gtr gave me the idea, I hereby declare the...

[size=+2]"Summer of SPAM!!!"[/size]
attachment.php

Meat Burner's very own SPAM creation that launched a thousand SPAM.!

You may enter any SPAM dish created since Meat Burner's post, and Meat Burner's Spam and Egg post is also included and allowed to enter. The ONLY exception is that Viking SPAM Meatloaf thing...it was too green. That's not to say you can not enter green SPAM, just that this particular dish is being precluded due to it's green-ness before the launch of the Throwdown, and because it was rather nasty tasting.

Please make sure you use SPAM. If you don't know what SPAM is, when you go to the store look for something that looks like this...
spam-collection.jpg

If you need more ideas or inspiration, you can always try Hormel's very own SPAM website at http://www.spam.com

This Throwdown will last all summer, and end when summer ends, on September 23, 2011 at 4:05am Central US Time. To determine what your local cutoff time will be use the following link to help convert the time to your local time.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...h=9&day=23&year=2011&hour=4&min=5&p1=868&p2=0

Now then, with all of that out of the way, here are the RULES...

1. The dish must feature SPAM in it.
2. The item must be Grilled or Smoked during the cooking process, or feature Grilled or Smoked ingredients in a prominent manner.
3. You may submit entries that are cooked from Tuesday July 12th at 11:31pm Central US Time through Friday 9/23 at 4:05am Central US Time.
4. All pics (any number) must be submitted by Friday 9/23 at 4:05am Central US Time.
5. Multiple Entries are ALLOWED and are in fact even ENCOURAGED. The more SPAM the better. Please feel free to SPAM the SPAM Throwdown with plenty of SPAM.
6. You are allowed to touch up your photos for clarity, or to add the dish/item to a more interesting background if you like.
7. By posting your photos, you are granting consent for your photo to be reused for other BBQ Brethren related postings or materials.
8. Any joke photos, or photos of past creations you wish to show off must have a disclaimer stating that the photo is not intended to be included in the Vote thread.
9. If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, DO NOT COMPLAIN TO ME! Instead, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.
10. If I find an entry to have violated these simple rules, I reserve the right to disqualify that entry.
11. As at any neighborhood block party, the kids are present and part of the festivities, so please keep your posts family friendly.
12. The only time a team entry will be accepted is when the team entry is made by Brethren at a Brethren Bash, and the team name must also be submitted with the entry. Otherwise only individual entries will be accepted.

The voting for the winning entry will begin Friday 9/23 after the official start to Autumn when I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Wednesday 9/28. All votes will be public.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
It just might be the right time to buy Hormel stock(HRL):becky:

Hold the truffle pate for me...I'm watching my figure.

Can't have Lobster Thermidor aux Crevettes with Mornay sauce, truffle pate, brandy, fried egg and SPAM, without the truffle pate? It wouldn't be Lobster Thermidor aux Crevettes with Mornay sauce, truffle pate, brandy, fried egg and SPAM, would it?

CD

I have never submitted for a TD so please forgive any submission errors. I don't really know why as apparently my mind is creative and farked up enough to come up with something interesting. I think its that whole motivation thing. These aren't really the best plated pics but they will have to do since I highly doubt that I will make this again for the TD. Thus I will go ahead and submit "The pig candied, deep fried Twinkie and pepper jelly stuffed, Bacon Spam fatty loaf cake"

Now to work out how to do the other one I have up my sleeve.

IMAG0274.jpg

IMAG0279.jpg

IMAG0280.jpg

IMG_20110717_174049.jpg

IMAG0286.jpg

IMAG0293.jpg

IMAG0297.jpg

Thanks for posting that one colonel00!:thumb: I was really hoping you would enter it.

Thanks for posting that one colonel00!:thumb: I was really hoping you would enter it.

Well, it was pretty much laid in my lap :rolleyes:. I have another one in mind as well and I think this could get quite interesting.

Holy crap, the Brethren never ceases to amaze me, if I look in my cupboard and I see Twinkies, Spam and Pepper Jelly....I'm thinking Fark it, I'm eating the Twinkies. colonel00 I salute you.

Spamjitas!

I had planned to enter the fajita TD, had all the ingredients but we were tired Sunday so didn't get to. Oh well, I'd already made some pico de gallo (after a few days, it's even better) and guess what, not only did we have the flat iron maritated already...I had SPAM! So since I was gonna do the flat iron and have fajitas tonight anyway, why not throw some SPAM on too? So here we go. A red, yellow and orange bell pepper, onion and 3 jalapenos, sliced and marinated in EVOO with some fajita seasoning with NO SALT
Ingredients-3.jpg

Low sodium SPAM sliced and sprinkled with fajita seasoning with NO SALT!
NOSALTseasoning.jpg

SPAMslicedtogrill.jpg

Grilled the SPAM up hot and fast
GrilledSPAM.jpg

Guerry couldn't stop eating the finished, sliced SPAM
Sliced-9.jpg

The veggies on the grill
peppersjalapenosandonions.jpg

I built mine with low carb tortillas, Guerry's was regular. He was ready to eat so I didn't get many good pix. They were built using sliced avocado drizzled with fresh lime juice and salt, grilled veggies, pico de gallo, greek yogurt (didn't have sour cream), fresh shredded cheddar and of course grilled SPAM! Not too bad I must say!
plated-3.jpg

plated3.jpg

SPAMJITAS YUM! Surprisingly delicious!

Last edited:
Back