Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Blues & BBQ, Hays, KS...July 16th & 17th

Smoke & Beers

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I'll be making the trip from 4 hours away :thumb:

Confirmed this morning with the event coordinator that they are waiving the $25 late entry fee...so it is still $150 entry with the following pay-outs using KCBS rules:
Grand Champion: $700 & Trophy
Reserve Grand Champion: $500 & Trophy
1st Place: (4 categories) $300 each category
2nd Place: (4 categories) $200 each category
3rd Place: (4 categories) $150 each category
4th Place: (4 categories) $100 each category
5th Place: (4 categories) $75 each category
(all places receive ribbons)

There will also be an appetizer competition on Friday evening. Entry fee for that is $10.

Here's a link to the entry form... (sorry, it's on facebook)

Hope to see you there!

Half Smoked from Ellsworth, KS is the 13th Team to enter the 2nd Annual KCBS cookoff in Hays July 16-17. They join these other teams: B.R.B.Q Smokin' Crew, Best Butts Around, Bubba's Que Crew, iQue, Phat Backs Bar-B-Que, Rubbing Butts BBQ, Rum & Brew BBQ, Slammin' Ham Bar-B-Que, Smoken Sprays, Smokers Wild, Woody's BBQ, and Yard Time BBQ.

Okay, so I talked the wife into making the trip. We have some friends in Hays, so we're going to enjoy this one even if the 25 team hurdle isn't reached. I'm mailing my entry in today.

Put us down, we'll be there...

Swinestone Cowboys
Littleton, CO

Sounds great....don't think 25 teams will be a problem & it will be a ton of fun...see ya in 2 weeks

Yard Time BBQ will be there. We are now in Topeka, but originally from the area so we should have a pretty good turn out for a party Friday night. Everyone is invited to our cooksite for a couple cold ones.

Half Smoked it looking forward to the Hays comp. I'm from Hays/Ellis and we had a good 3rd place showing last year behind a couple big dogs so we're super happy with that. We're going to be down one team member, but we have alot of friends coming out. Now if we can only get them to help with the comp instead of drinking all our frosty beverages...

We welcome Shorty's BBQ/Hays City Quality Meats as our 14th officially entered team! However, we know of approximately 20 teams that have committed to entering the contest.

Just received an entry form from Swinestone Cowboys of Littleton, CO. Welcome to the 2nd Annual KCBS Contest in Hays - you are the 15 officially registered team!

:cool: Looking forward to some fun, and some weather NOT in the 100's :-D

Legend, if you could keep us posted on additional team entries that week, that would be great.

Kev

Smokin' Armadillos BBQ is now the 19th officially entered team in the 2nd Annual KCBS BBQ contest to be held in Hays this weekend! We only need 6 more teams to meet the KCBS 25 team minimum requirement to count as a qualifier. Cost to enter is $150 and cash and prize payout is over $5,000!

Hey Kev,

Do you want to be in the "party" section or the quieter side?

Preferably the quiet section. :thumb:

Also, can you post a complete list of teams? I'm just curious to see who all is coming.

Kev

21 team!!! We are so close, c'mon 4 more teams! With it being in the park it should be a very nice competition with lots of tree cover. Let's just hope I don't revert back to my old days of Oktoberfest because I am not sure how much cooking I could have done after all that partying:-D

We're talking about Hays America....right? There's a quieter side? :confused:

:heh:

I lived in Hays for a couple o' years. As long as that bar called "The Home" is not still going, and we're not close by, then ...it should be quiet :becky:

The Home is still open and it could be within walking distance if one wanted to. I was always more a fan of The Q.

22nd Team is in!!! haven't seen the mail today. Will Keep everyone updated.

Back