turkey.. fry..smoke or roast

We have a large family and do 3 turkeys and 1 ham each year. 1 smoked, 1 fried, 1 roasted. The fried turkey is ALWAYS gone first!!

Always wanted to smoke one, the drop it into the fryer for about 15 minutes to crisp it up. Might just give it a try this year.

Always wanted to smoke one, the drop it into the fryer for about 15 minutes to crisp it up. Might just give it a try this year.
Crisp it up? It won't need it if you cook it 350 but if not here's a great solution that requires no oil and takes 2-3 seconds.

20 dollars at Harbor Freight

So, having Turkey dinner at my brother/sister in laws this year and they want a deep fried bird. If I chose to fry one the day before thanksgiving, do I have to cut all the meat off the bone? Can I just fry it the day before, pop it into the refrigerator and then transport to his house and pop it in the oven to heat?

Any expertise would be welcomed!

Can you just fry it at his house? It only takes 3 minutes per pound. Take your equipment to his place and do it there. Standing around drinking beer and watching a turkey fry is as much fun as BBQing.

I was asked to smoke a turkey this year. So I will brine and smoke one. May also do a turkey breast in the oven for additional turkey for anyone that isn't a fan of smoked meat. And of course lots of gravy. Gotta have the gravy! Sister is doing a ham also.

Back