Opinion on the New Performer Platinum

Just checked with the place I buy my grills from in town here and he has a brick red platinum performer all spanky new in the box for $299. Now how do I explain this to the wife while I also spare Homer?

With gas assist?? if so, I'd do it. If not, I'd wait for the gas.

You don't use the special performer lid holder on the side??

I use the lid catcher when I'm quick flipping food or whatever, but if I'm loading or lighting charcoal or doing a cook where I don't intend to put the lid down -- searing ahi, cooking in a cast iron skillet, something like that -- I think the lid kind of overhangs the grill surface so I take it completely off to get it out of the way.

See? I'm the odd man out, I know. :loco: :crazy: :wink:

I use the lid catcher when I'm quick flipping food or whatever, but if I'm loading or lighting charcoal or doing a cook where I don't intend to put the lid down -- searing ahi, cooking in a cast iron skillet, something like that -- I think the lid kind of overhangs the grill surface so I take it completely off to get it out of the way.

See? I'm the odd man out, I know. :loco: :crazy: :wink:

He's not referring to the semi round lid holder on the left hand side of the bowl. There is a small hook about 1 1/2" wide on the right side of the tabel, right under the door hinge. This is were I hang my grate. But the lid hangs there perfect. In retrospect this may only be on the older SS models.

Have had mine for about 2 years now. Love it. That propane starting feature is outstanding!

He's not referring to the semi round lid holder on the left hand side of the bowl. There is a small hook about 1 1/2" wide on the right side of the tabel, right under the door hinge. This is were I hang my grate. But the lid hangs there perfect. In retrospect this may only be on the older SS models.

Huh. The one I just picked up is a 2006, I'll check for this when I get home. Thanks!

Back