I think it's a perfect start for me over here what say ye?

I'll have to ask the butcher tomorrow about cost( he's closed today) but I have recently received a customer number for the cash and carry ( Price Club sort of place) to use so I'll check there too.

You see where I'm coming from with the van and being mobile? Just shut the doors batten down and drive away .
Did you notice while over here the placements of catering trailers and the such. It's a bit different from the states but I know I can make this work for me and I have found people love great BBQ. I won't be able to stick strictly to the BBQ rule but PP and brisket should match and overtake those elephant legs. Ribs may not be till later in the game.

I think you are spot on. You may need to think about a smaller trailer, as your roadways don't lend themselves to my rig (22' Long x 6.5' Wide plus a 22' Long truck to tow it with). I think you could do well.

Find that nitch and do what noone else does and you will make it. In my area of NY there is no BBQ and I have it locked up so far. Another thing I learned don't try to do to much variety find you signiture dishes and add specials on and if they work add them to you daily menue. This will help waist and you bottom line and take special ordres for by the pound sales. Find a vacume machine and store up 1lb bags for people to take home I do alot of them. Good Luck.

Ya that's why the first one I posted would be ideal,one van and no trailer suits me down to the ground. I'll be picking up a used postal van/truck from a friend shortly so that can be used for other things in the mean time.
Post+van_898_18353676_0_0_182_300.jpg

Ugly but that's the general rule over here.lol

I'll look into a vac sucker after I get a unit. I have used the butchers several times as long as I leave a bag of goodies for him. :cool: I have the BBQ market cornered ( at least around here)I just gotta get the right vehicle.

I just looked on my Sat Nav and the nearest BBQ joint is over 80 miles away!!

Find that nitch and do what noone else does and you will make it. In my area of NY there is no BBQ and I have it locked up so far. Another thing I learned don't try to do to much variety find you signiture dishes and add specials on and if they work add them to you daily menue. This will help waist and you bottom line and take special ordres for by the pound sales. Find a vacume machine and store up 1lb bags for people to take home I do alot of them. Good Luck.

We had it pretty well locked until 2 years ago when a competitor opened a full service Q restaurant, something we had been asked to do several times. We said no, kept catering to our nitch, and so far so good. The restaurant is now t*ts up, and we keep plugging along......

Back