Non Meat & Vegetarian BBQ Entrees & Sides

NascarFanTom19

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I started a BBQ Catering Business 3 years ago and Im still trying to get it established. I feel I could of booked more catering jobs in 2016 if I would of had some vegetarian dishes. What is easy stuff you can offer on a BBQ menu.

I have to be honest I don't eat fish, Shrimp and I don't eat much vegtables so its no surprise I don't offer any non meat or vegetarian options.

I've been thinking about doing shrimp in the smoker or grill and I was thinking about buying some grilling baskets and having grilled vegetables.

Any ideas on something easy?

Also if you put shrimp or fish in your smoker does it mess up the meat you cook in the smoker. I always heard that you don't want to cook fish in your smoker but what is the rule. I can see doing a shrimp dish.

any advice on this subject.

I vend roadside and offer a "vegetarian combo". Consists of coleslaw, hot mac & cheese, baked beans (no meat but has diced green peppers, red peppers and apples) and a dill pickle. Customers love it especially since my competitor in the area has the attitude that vegetarians are not welcome....so you have options for your menu as well.

Just for clarification, fish and shrimp are not vegetarian.

I like smoked tofu with grilled vegetables. Vegan sausage products can be good, though expensive. There is a product called soyrizo which is a vegetarian chorizo. That could be smoked and made into some delicious tacos.

It's really great that you're catering to vegetarians!! I certainly am not vegetarian, but I only eat meat a couple times a week, and when I do, I consider it a treat and prepare it with the utmost care. This also allows me to purchase more expensive and higher quality meat when I do.

Cheers!

I worked at a place that smoked portobello mushrooms and they were kickass.

Back