Insurance...

medic92

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I called my local State Farm agent yesterday to ask about insurance on a food truck/catering business. He said he didn't really think State Farm did that and couldn't even recommend an avenue to pursue.

So does anyone on here have a recommendation for companies that insure businesses like that?

Have you tried googling "insuring a food truck"? I just did that, and there appears to be quite a bit of info on the web.

Have you tried googling "insuring a food truck"? I just did that, and there appears to be quite a bit of info on the web.

I prefer not to do things quickly and efficiently.

Also I figure I'd rather hear from people who actually use the product instead of wading through a bunch of advertising and disinformation.

Lol! Such a Navy thing!!!! Just kidding, I was Army I couldn't resist!!

I am in the process of getting new insurance for my trailer and business. I've used FLIP before and had no issues. There are a few out there that specialize in food trucks and trailers. You can find them at the top of your google searches. I got a quote from the agency behind insuremyfoodtruck.com or whatever it is and it was competitive. I am in the process of getting quotes from local places. Some agencies won't touch insuring a food trailer. General Liability is easy. Some won;t do it unless they have your commercial auto business too. You really just have to shop around is the point I am getting to. Most rates in my area are pretty competitive to each other for GL and inland marine. Commercial auto is all over the place and expensive.

Tell your State Farm agent that Nationwide is on your side even for catering businesses and food trucks, that's who we have. The Hartford does our workers comp policy.

I used an independent commercial insurance agent here in Huntsville. I told him what I needed and he got me 5 or 6 quotes from different places. I was able to purchase through Travelers a little less than FLIP with a little better coverage. I would definitely get a quote from FLIP then see if your local independent agent can do better. Best of luck

Farmers Insurance has a specific policy for food trucks.

I'll probably use FLIP for liability, and I'm meeting with a Country Companies agent next week for insuring content. She seemed really nice.

State Farm covered my vending trailer with an Inland Marine policy.

Back